Beyond comfort, smart mattresses offer a unique sleep experience. They use sensors and technology to gather data about your sleep patterns, helping you understand your sleep habits and potentially adjust for a more restful night. Some even boast features like temperature and firmness control to personalize your sleep environment, promoting faster sleep and deeper relaxation.
What is a smart mattress?
A smart bed is a bed that uses sensors and other technologies to gather data about how you're sleeping. It uses this information to self-adjust and improve your sleep.
Some also deliver your sleep information to your smartphone, where it can report how well you're sleeping and offer tips on how to sleep better.
Pros of Smart Mattresses
- Personalized Comfort: The head and the leg area of the smart mattresses can be adjusted, each area on its own, or both areas at the same time, to achieve the most ideal position for your sleeping style.
- Improved Sleep Quality: Smart beds often come with various technologies implemented in them to help improve the quality of your sleep, such as the temperature control feature, which prevents any excessive overheating during your sleeping experience.
- Enhanced Wellness: Smart bed’s unique set of features promotes relaxation and adaptability, with options that enable you to track your sleeping pattern, and even if you’re suffering from insomnia you can use the audio playback to play sleeping instructions or any sound that will help you to fall asleep.
Cons of Smart Mattresses
- Expensive: Smart beds are generally expensive, as all the cutting-edge technologies included in the smart beds come with a hefty price tag, so if you’re on a tight budget smart beds might be not the best option for you.
- Technological Challenges: When you buy a smart bed you should keep in mind that you might run into some general technological difficulties, such as glitches and compatibility issues, however, the higher the quality of your smart mattress the fewer issues you’ll probably encounter.
Smart Mattress Technologies
The ability to track your movements while you sleep is one of the key features that sets a smart bed mattress apart from a conventional one. The mattress monitors a range of data, including breathing, heartbeat, sleep restfulness, and pressure, using a single sheet of "smart fabric" or many sensors positioned throughout the bed to figure out how to provide you with the most pleasant night's sleep.
Smart mattresses include an embedded thermostat that allows you to adjust the mattress's temperature while you're asleep, or the bed can do so on its own if it has the capability.
The mattress's inflated air tubes are equipped with pressure sensors, which enable it to adapt to your sleeping posture. An app integrated with the bed allows for the remote operation of these air tubes.
Certain smart beds effortlessly integrate with the Internet and enable you to operate various smart home appliances, such as coffee makers, TVs, thermostats, lighting, and virtual assistants, without ever having to get out of bed.
You can adjust two separate zones with a smart bed’s position control, those two zones, the head area, and the leg area, which can be adjusted independently or in tandem to achieve the most suitable position for your sleeping preference.
You can connect your Bluetooth device directly to the smart bed’s audio system to play any sound that could soothe you and help you to fall asleep, such as nature sounds or sleep guides.
Smart mattresses also can arrange the bedding automatically. as the metal rail connected to the sheets stretches them and lays them arranged over the mattress.
Smart Mattress Types
The Emma Shift is a luxury, versatile, and innovative mattress that lets you customize your sleep experience. With its Smart Valve control system, you can adjust the firmness of the mattress to your exact preferences, whether you prefer softer or firmer sleep.
Eight Pod Mattress
The Pod Cover and the Pod Mattress heat or cool the bed before you get in it, and can adjust automatically based on your sleeping style. It can reach temperatures as low as 55°F to as high as 110°F.
Sleep Number 360°
With this mattress, you’ll receive the result of your sleep IQ test every morning so you can track how well you slept, you can also pre-warm the bed before you get into sleep, and of course, you can adjust the position of the bed according to your sleeping preference.
This mattress offers customized support, with focused setups for your head, shoulders, lumbar region, hips, and legs, among other five body parts. Throughout your sleep, the bed remembers your preferred degree of comfort and makes adjustments to guarantee that it is always reached.
Who Should Get a Smart Bed?
- Temperature-sensitive sleepers: Smart beds allow you to control the temperature of the mattress surface, so you can pre-heat it or cool it before you sleep according to your preference.
- Back pain sufferers: Due to the adjustability of the mattress head and leg, you can adjust it to your sleeping preference and relieve the tension from pressure points such as the back, hip, and shoulders.
- Snoring partners: The adjustable base of the mattress can elevate the head of the mattress with just a click of a button, which will elevate your partner’s head, and stop your partner from snoring.
- Insomniacs or those with restless sleep: With the audio playback feature, you can connect your phone via Bluetooth to your smart bed and play sleeping instructions, nature sounds, or anything that will help you fall asleep.
- Those who love technology: If you’re into technology, then smart beds are as advanced technologically as mattresses can get, with many cutting-edge technologies implemented in them.
- Those with a high budget: Smart beds are known to be quite expensive, as their price range from $700 to $3,500, which is way more than traditional mattresses, so if you’re looking for a mattress to invest in then smart mattresses are a great option.
How to Choose a Smart Bed
- Sleep concerns and preferences: You should be aware of your sleeping preferences and you should make sure that the smart bed that you decide to buy aligns with these preferences.
- Determine the features you want: Each Smart mattress has its own unique set of features, so you’ll have to determine which features are necessary to you and need to exist in the mattress before you buy it.
- Research options: Smart beds are a lifelong investment, and they come in various sizes and features, so you have to do your research and check the company policies about the smart mattress that you decide it’s the best choice for you, and whether it’s compatible with your base or not.
- Consider your budget: Smart beds are some of the most expensive mattresses on the market, so you have to consider your budget and choose a smart bed that is well worth your investment.
How Is A Smart Mattress Better Than The Sleep Tracker Inside My Watch?
While smartwatches track sleep data, smart beds offer a deeper analysis of sleep habits and activities due to their advanced sensors and technology. They provide insights into sleep stages, movement patterns, and potential sleep disruptions not available through watches.
Are Smart Mattresses Worth It?
It depends, smart mattresses offer features like adjustability, temperature control, built-in audio, and even air chambers for personalized comfort. They can greatly improve sleep quality, but come at a premium price. Consider your budget and sleep needs before deciding.
How Much Does A Smart Mattress Cost?
Smart mattresses, due to their cutting-edge technology, are among the most expensive on the market. Prices can range from $700 to $3,500+ depending on features and brand.
Do You Need a Smart Bed?
Not necessarily. Some prefer the simplicity of traditional mattresses. But if you have the budget and value personalized sleep experiences, a smart mattress could be a great investment.
How long do smart beds last?
With proper care, a smart bed can last 15 years or more. Maintenance plays a crucial role in maximizing its lifespan.
Why smart is better than memory foam?
There's no one-size-fits-all answer. Memory foam offers excellent contouring comfort, while smart mattresses boast advanced features and customization options. Choose based on your individual preferences and sleep needs.
Do smart beds help you sleep better?
Yes, because they offer personalized adjustments like head and foot elevation, temperature control, and other features designed to optimize your sleep environment. This can lead to deeper, more restful sleep.
Can smart beds help with sleep apnea?
Studies suggest smart beds can detect the risk of sleep apnea and insomnia, and even track the development of symptoms associated with respiratory illnesses. This early detection can be crucial for seeking proper medical attention.
The main goal of smart beds is to provide you with a more personalized sleeping experience in addition to increased comfort. Smart beds provide you the flexibility to customize your sleeping experience, including temperature, firmness, and foot and head heights, resulting in higher-quality and perhaps more consistent sleep.
Emma Shift Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now