All in all, we found that sleep number beds last longer than your average mattress.
Below we discuss the exact expectations you should have for your Sleep Number bed.
The Better Sleep Council recommends changing your mattress every 7 to 10 years. Numerous things might shorten the life of a mattress. Many owners of Sleep Number Beds have stated that their mattresses last ten years or more.
Sleep Number Bed Construction
With dual-adjustable mattresses, Responsive Air® technology, and SleepIQ® tracking technology, Sleep Number offers three collections. Below, a more thorough explanation of each model's construction will be provided.
- Classic Series: Queen and larger sizes are available with dual air chambers.
- Performance Series: Queen and larger sizes are available with dual air chambers.
- Innovation Series: Queen and larger sizes are available with dual air chambers.
Sleep Number Pros And Cons
- Perfect for couples with different firmness preferences, dual-sided adjustment.
- On all models, the Responsive Air® technology recognises your movements and automatically modifies the firmness.
- In all models, the SleepIQ® Score is tracked.
- Outstanding motion isolation.
- An edge-to-edge foam border wall offers excellent support.
- A mattress made of air often has a longer lifespan than one made of memory foam.
- Since the comfort layers of the Classic Series are so thin, they are not suitable for most sleepers.
- Due to the varying degrees of firmness on either side, the mattress has a tiny sag in the middle.
- There can be some noise made when changing the air pressure.
- There are certain technical abilities needed.
- Needs to be put together.
Sleep Number Warranty
A 15-year limited warranty is offered with all Sleep Number mattresses. The first year of the warranty is free of charge. Sleep Number will cover all maintenance, components, replacements, and delivery costs. After the first anniversary year and up until the eleventh anniversary of the initial purchase date, you are liable for paying 30% of the cost (year 3, you pay 40%). The maker will cover manufacturing flaws for the duration of the warranty.
Signs Your Sleep Number Bed Needs Replacing
Despite the fact that Sleep Number mattresses frequently last more than ten years, there are certain indications that it might be time to replace them.
Signs that indicate that you should replace your mattress:
- Air loss - The air chamber or hose in your Sleep Number bed could be broken if you notice that it deflates more quickly and doesn't retain air as well as it once did.
- Sagging - It's common to hear complaints that the central section between the two adjustable sides tends to sag. If you see that this is getting more noticeable, change it.
- Waking up with discomfort - If you frequently wake up with aches and pains in your hips, neck, or lower back, your mattress probably needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Your mattress isn't providing adequate lumbar support in this scenario.
Saatva Classic is the mattress that started it all. If you just want a comfortable foam mattress, it’s hard to do better than Saatva.