Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
Emma’s Hybrid Comfort mattress is designed for heavy sleepers and intimate partners. It offers exceptional support and comfort and enhances sex performance, especially for couples that are on the heavier side.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for people looking for the best option on a limited budget.
Offers excellent motion isolation and other features with couples in mind.
Provides excellent comfort for plus-sized sleepers or heavier sleepers.
Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
Emma is a sleep brand that offers products, from mattresses to bedding and bed frames. They aim to give you the best sleeping experience possible by providing you with the needed comfort and leaving you with a restful and deeper sleep.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress is designed specifically for heavier body weights and couples. It aims to give sleepers of heavier body weights the best sleep experience possible, as well as great sex
In this review, we will test the Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress, specifically regarding:
- Pros and cons.
- Unboxing experience.
- Feel and comfort.
- Construction and design.
- Performance test results.
- Warranty policies, company policies, and all the FAQs you might want to know.
Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress Overview
- For heavier sleepers: This mattress is designed for plus-size sleepers, offering ultimate support and durability. It has a medium firmness level that is perfect for heavier body weights as it provides sufficient pressure relief in targeted areas of the body.
- Budget-friendly: Mattresses made for heavier body weights are usually more expensive than regular ones. However, the Hybrid Comfort mattress charges $1,199 for a queen-size bed which falls in the average range of prices. You can also check out Emma’s website where you’ll most likely find a big discount.
- Great for Couples: This bed features great motion isolation. This will ensure sound sleep for both you and your partner. It comes with great options that will surely enhance sex performance making it a great option for intimate partners.
Not for light-side sleepers: The Hybrid Comfort mattress is medium-firm, which may feel too firm for light-side sleepers who need more pressure relief.
Too firm for average-weight sleepers: Emma tailored the Hybrid Comfort mattress to fit heavier sleepers’ needs. This means the mattress will feel too firm for average to lightweight sleepers.
Who we Recommend the Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress for
- Back sleepers: The foams in the Hybrid Comfort mattress hug the spine, which is just what you need if you’re a back sleeper. It also delivers great support with the transition layer making it great for sleeping on your back.
- Couples: The Hybrid Comfort mattress offers great sex enhancers, making it the perfect bed for couples. It provides a great bounce level and excellent edge support. It will make moving around easier with its great responsive performance.
- Plus-size sleepers: This mattress is specifically designed with heavier sleepers in mind. It features great support and durability.
Unboxing the Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
Just like other Emma mattresses, the Hybrid Comfort comes compressed in a box. You might need help from a friend when unboxing this bed, as it can be too heavy to move around. However, there are handles on the sides that will help you position the mattress to your liking after unboxing it.
After unboxing the mattress, it took not so long to fully inflate to its original form, followed by its edges that showed great edge expansion.
Upon unboxing the Emma Hybrid Comfort, a mild, new-product scent was initially noticeable. This odor, distinct from any chemical fumes, dissipated entirely within three days. This timeframe falls within the average off-gassing period.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
Emma Hybrid Comfort Firmness
Emma states that the firmness profile of this mattress is a 6/10 on the firmness feel. However, we believe it’s firmer than what is advertised on their website as it’s tailored to fit heavier sleepers.
This medium-firm feel will perfectly fit back sleepers, especially plus-size ones, as it will offer the needed support and proper spinal alignment. The mattress does a great job at body contouring while preventing the feeling of sinkage which causes discomfort for some sleepers. It will allow you to wake up without the usual stiffness or any back pain in the morning.
Emma Hybrid Comfort Feel
The Emma Hybrid Comfort gives you a great experience with its thin and soft plush cover. It enhances initial comfort and allows you to have direct contact with the layers beneath it. This ensures that you will fully benefit from its pressure-relieving foam as well as the support layers.
The softness of the cover provides you with a gentle cloud-like surface and allows you to settle in for a comfortable night’s sleep.
As for the Airgocell foam, it takes the mattress’s feel to the next level. It is designed to contour your body’s natural curves, giving you support and pressure-relieving points. The coolness to it helps in dissipating any excess body heat allowing you to sleep cool during the night.
Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress Comfort
Any mattress will perform differently based on your preferred sleep position and body type.
- Side Sleepers: A mattress that keeps pressure off the shoulders and the hips works great for people who sleep on their side. The Emma Hybrid Comfort offers great pressure relief and spinal alignment. However, lighter-side sleepers may be faced with issues regarding shoulder and hip pain.
- Back Sleepers: If you’re a back sleeper, you want a mattress that offers great targeted support. The Emma Hybrid Comfort works great in terms of body contouring and it maintains the natural shape of your spine.
- Stomach Sleepers: People who sleep on their stomachs need a bed that will maintain hip elevation and spinal alignment. The Hybrid Comfort bed is firm and provides enough support that help stomach sleepers get a great sleep experience.
|Sleeper Weight||Back Sleepers||Side Sleepers||Stomach Sleepers|
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)||Very Good||Fair||Very Good|
|Average (150 – 250 lb)||Excellent||Good||Excellent|
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)||Excellent||Very Good||Excellent|
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Emma Hybrid Comfort is designed with a mixture of high-quality materials and multiple layers in its construction, which each contributes to its great performance.
Here's what inside Emma Hybrid Comfort:
- Plush Cover: Also known as the UltraDry cover, this layer is thin, soft, and highly breathable. It helps keep your mattress top dry with its moisture-wicking ability. This will help prevent any chances of germs or mold growth. Not to mention, it is removable and machine-washable.
- Cool Foam: This layer is called the Airgocell foam, one of Emma’s special foams. It’s a cool pressure-relieving foam, that helps with temperature regulation and allows airflow. It also adds to the mattress’s responsiveness.
- Hybrid Comfort Transition Layer: This transition layer will provide you with targeted support and help keep your body evenly aligned. It offers great durability to withstand heavier weights.
- Hybrid Comfort Pocketed Springs: A system of pocketed coils is right beneath the transition foam. Each coil is individually wrapped, giving you support targeted specifically to certain body areas.
- HRX Supreme Foam: This layer acts as a base for all the layers above. It is durable and supportive, and it helps encase the overall construction of the mattress making it last longer.
Performance of Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
The Emma Hybrid Comfort gives a great cooling experience. Thanks to the Airgocell foam, this mattress has high breathability and doesn’t retain body heat. It helps maintain temperature regulation and will allow you to sleep cool throughout the night.
We conduct our cooling test by lying down on the bed for 20 minutes, giving the bed enough time to absorb body heat, all while taking note of the surface level temperature of the mattress.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort performed well on our cooling test. We felt no significant levels of body heat retention, as the Hybrid Comfort features plenty of airflow with the Airgocell foam layer.
The Hybrid Comfort bed measured a surface level temperature much lower than average throughout the duration of our cooling test.
Overall, we rate the Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress a 4.5/5 in terms of cooling.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress is a hybrid mattress made specifically for fast responsiveness and high support. The Airgocell foam layer makes this bed more responsive and eases movement.
We carried out our responsiveness test by dropping a 20-pound ball onto the mattress and measuring the time it took for the mattress to reach full recovery.
We noticed a very fast response time for the Emma Hybrid Comfort with a response time of 0.3 seconds. This makes it super easy to move around on and be able to switch positions.
We give the Emma Hybrid Comfort a 5/5 on our responsiveness test.
For our motion isolation test, we conducted two tests to evaluate the mattress based on its ability to absorb cross-mattress movement.
During our first test, we placed a beaker of water onto one side of the bed and then dropped a 20-pound ball on the other.
The water showed very minimal movement and didn’t slosh around that much. This means the mattress did not transfer motion to the other sides, indicating great motion absorption.
For the second test, one person lay on one side of the mattress while another rolled and moved around on the other side. The person lying down reported no significant feeling of movement and did not feel disturbed by the other person on their side of the bed. This makes the Hybrid Comfort bed perfect for couples, preventing any disturbance during the night, especially if you or your partner are light sleepers.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress scores a 4.7/5 on the motion isolation test.
Edge support performance shows us how supportive the perimeter of the mattress is.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress has a reinforced perimeter, giving it great edge support. This will make you feel secure while sleeping or sitting on the edge of the bed. It’ll also eliminate any roll-off sensation you might get when waking up in the morning.
To test edge support, we sat on the edge of the bed and saw how much sinkage the mattress showed. The Emma Hybrid Comfort didn’t show notable sinkage and felt super supportive.
We also applied pressure to the edges of the bed to see the levels of compression. As expected, we got solid results and the mattress did not compress. This mainly has to do with the reinforced perimeter of the Hybrid Comfort mattress wrapped in high-density foam.
For edge support performance, we rate the Hybrid Comfort a 5/5.
The noise performance of a mattress is a crucial factor for those looking for a good intimate experience with their partner. Emma specifically constructed the Hybrid Comfort to offer great noise performance making it a great choice for intimacy.
We conducted our noise performance test by carrying out a ball drop test. We drop a noise ball and use highly sensitive microphones to measure the noise level emitted by the mattress.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress did not make any noticeable noise when we performed our test. This is a result of the individually pocketed springs in the mattress’s construction. This reduces the chance of any squeaking or creaking noises which can be irritating for intimate partners.
We give the Emma Hybrid Comfort a 5/5 on the noise performance test.
To evaluate a mattress for sex performance, we take a number of factors into account, including bounce, cooling, edge support, and noise. The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress performs exceptionally well regarding those factors, leaving you with the best sex performance.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort is specifically designed to give great sex performance. It featured great noise performance, as well as exceptional edge support. The mattress also offered a great balance of comfort and support, along with high bounce levels.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort scores a 5/5 on the sex performance test.
The pressure relief performance of the Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress is exceptional, as it provides sleepers with a great sleeping experience accompanied by comfort and support.
Back Region: When lying on our backs, the Hybrid comfort did a great job at distributing the body weight evenly. It minimized pressure points along our back allowing a maintained spinal alignment. We noticed a low-pressure distribution throughout the back area and an all-blue color on the map.
- Back Region: When lying on our backs, the Hybrid comfort did a great job at distributing the body weight evenly. It minimized pressure points along our back allowing a maintained spinal alignment. We noticed a low-pressure distribution throughout the back area and an all-blue color on the map.
- Shoulders Region: The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress provided average pressure relief for the shoulders, with some green areas on the pressure map. This means that light-side sleepers may not experience enough pressure relief due to the mattress's firmness level.
- Hips Region: For the hips area, the Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress’s pressure relief performance was average. On the pressure map. it demonstrated a sufficient amount of pressure relief. It did a good job of alleviating pressure and reducing pressure points.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort rated a 4.5/5 on the pressure relief test.
Emma Warranty and Company Policies
Emma provides you with a 10-year warranty starting on the day you receive your mattress. It will be able to cover manufacturing defects and faulty materials. This allows you to replace your mattress for free within the first 10 years of purchase in case you have an issue with your mattress.
Emma offers a 365-night trial for you to decide on keeping your Emma mattress. This allows you to give the mattress a try and evaluate it based on your needs and preferences.
It is recommended to give the Emma mattress at least 21 nights to get your body situated to the nature of the mattress.
If your Emma mattress for whatever reason does not meet your needs, you can return it completely free of charge. You can contact customer service and they will issue a refund that you will be able to collect in a short period.
Emma mattresses provide free shipping to the contiguous United States.
Most Emma mattresses ship within 7 days, however, the shipping period may vary depending on the location of the delivery address.
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress comes in a variety of sizes to suit your needs. Visit their website for current discounts.
|Twin||38″ x 74″ x 13″||$1,149|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 13″||$1,199|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 13″||$1,349|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 13″||$1,399|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 13″||$1,489|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″ x 13″||$1,489|
|Split King||38″ x 80″ x 13″ (x2)||$2,098|
The Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress is comparably affordable for a premium mattress whilst maintaining high-quality materials and design and excellent performance for sleepers.
This is why we give the Emma Hybrid Comfort a 5/5 regarding value.
|Warranty||10-Year Warranty Mattress|
|Return Policy||Free Returns|
|Shipping||Free Shipping to the United States|
|Financing Options||Zero Interest - Via Klarna|
|Country of Origin||Proudly made in the United States|
FAQs about Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
How long should I leave an Emma mattress to expand?
The average time it takes for an Emma mattress to fully expand to its original shape and proper firmness level is between 24-48 hours. In this time range, the bed will have completed its off-gassing process and reached full expansion.
How often should I flip my Emma mattress?
The Emma mattress is designed with only one side that can be used as a surface to sleep. However, you can rotate the mattress to utilize the bottom part for extended durability and support. We recommend rotating it every three months.
How much weight can an Emma mattress hold?
The Emma Hybrid Comfort is designed to fit heavier sleepers, with its enhanced support and reinforced coils. The mattress can effectively support extra weight with any sagging over time. It has a higher weight capacity rating and can accommodate additional loads of up to 300 lbs.
How do I keep my Emma mattress clean?
We suggest cleaning your mattress by removing the cover and washing it with hot water (preferably at 40 degrees Celcius). You can easily remove small stains with a gentle detergent as the cover has high breathability and an open cell structure.
We find the Emma Hybrid Comfort mattress to be a perfect choice for heavier sleepers, back sleepers, and partners.
Its performance excels in terms of most factors and has a considerably good value for its price. It includes high-quality materials and will definitely give you the best sleep experience you can get.
Emma Hybrid Comfort Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now