The Hampton and Rhodes HR440 is marketed as an extremely cheap option for people who are looking for a hybrid mattress.
In this article, we talk about the Hampton & Rhodes HR440's comfort, performance, material quality, and more.
Continue reading below to know if this model from Hampton & Rhodes is the mattress you're looking for.
Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Mattress
The Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Mattress is a 12.5-inch hybrid mattress that's targeted towards budget buyers. Made of budget-grade materials, it features 3 layers of foam and 650 LFK coils.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
This mattress is great for back and spine pain relief.
Layla Hybrid Mattress
GET $200 OFF + FREE Comfy Bundle + 2 FREE Premium Pillows
Mattress Firm sells the Hampton & Rhodes Hr440 all over the country. It has a cushion top and a hybrid structure. The CertiPUR-US certified Hr440 mattress includes an easily removable and washable cover. It includes a 100-night risk-free trial period.
Consider Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Mattress if
- Strong edge support is required - The Hampton & Rhodes Hr440 model provides good edge support, allowing you to utilise all of the available bed area.
- You're on a tight budget - Hampton & Rhodes Hr440 mattresses are much less expensive than comparable mattresses on the market.
Avoid Hampton & Rhodes HR440 if
- Durability - Hampton & Rhodes provides low-cost mattresses with an emphasis on low prices and small designs. The Hr440 mattress may not last as long as some more costly alternatives.
- Heavier persons - Heavier people will sink deeper into this mattress and are unlikely to acquire the necessary sleep support. We also discovered that users complained about the bed sagging and losing its cushioning ability over time. Heavy sleepers aggravate the situation. However, considering the mattress's inexpensive price, it's difficult to expect great quality to last.
- Hot Sleepers - The foam layer may eventually hug the body and retain heat. We would like it if there was an active cooling component, as seen in other Hampton & Rhodes models.
- Looking For High Quality - The Hampton & Rhodes HR440 uses mediocre quality materials, which shows quickly as the mattress shows signs of wear and tear faster than average. If you're looking for a high quality mattress, we suggest looking elsewhere.
- Most models are affordable.
- Widely available in (Mattress Firm) retail locations.
- Lightweight in comparison.
- Break-in time is quicker than usual.
- Owner satisfaction, durability, and lifespan that are below average.
- Noisy construction.
- A somewhat subpar warranty.
Firmness, Feel and Comfort for Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Mattress
With this hybrid mattress, you get layers of foam and memory foam provide softness and shaping. Each spring's coiling lets it to collapse more easily than normal Marshall coils.
Furthermore, the springs are covered in fabric, making them more malleable and allowing for greater flexibility in how the mattress compresses under the sleeper. This combination gives exceptional comfort.
The Hr440 scored a 7 out of 10 on our hardness scale. It's ideal for those who sleep on their backs or stomachs.
The motion isolation is nothing to write home about. It's not the worst, but it's also not the finest in terms of motion transfer. We expected a little more from this model in this area.
Overall, we found that many comparable mattresses perform so much better in this department, so there is no excuse for the HR440 to have such subpar motion transfer performance.
Performance During Sex
Yes. The hardness of the bed works in your advantage here. Romance need a bed with lots of support and bounce, or you and your companion would sink into the mattress rather than enjoy one other's company.
The HR440 has superb edge support, which is essential during sex. The foam may lose this characteristic with time, but for the time being, it performs an excellent job of keeping the bed's shape. Many sexual postures are not possible without edge support.
The disadvantage is the degree of loudness. There doesn't appear to be any padding for the springs to reduce noise during sex.
The Hr440 offers good edge support. This allows you to comfortably share a bed with a partner or sit on the edge of your bed without fear of falling out.
Construction and Design for Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Mattress
- The Cover - is soft and quilted, and it is simple to remove for washing. Only use the gentle cycle while washing.
- Layer 1 - 2 "Certi-PURE certified by utilising eco-friendly products, comfort foam that is slightly softer than support foam. Back sleepers require lumbar support, which is provided by a 1.5-inch layer of Visco memory foam.
- Layer 2 - is the second layer "of support foam that serves as a transition between the mattress's bottom and top layers.
- Layer 3 - Polyfoam with a hollowed-out section containing 650 LFK coils. This is designed to serve as the mattress's structure and edge support.
Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Cost
|Twin||39” x 75” x 12”||$530|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12”||$620|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||$610|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$610|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$940|
|California King||72” x 84” x 12”||$940|
Hampton & Rhodes HR440 Mattress Policies and FAQs
Is there physical stores for Hampton & Rhodes HR440?
Hampton & Rhodes does not have any physical showrooms. Mattress Firm, its largest seller, has about 3,500 physical sites across the US.
Full Shipping Details?
Customers can select one of the following alternatives in addition to basic curbside delivery:
On request, White Glove Delivery includes in-home setup, packaging trash disposal, and old mattress removal. Red Carpet Delivery comprises the same services as White Glove Delivery and is available within three to four hours of the customer's availability. Aside from postal delivery, clients in some areas will be able to pick up their mattress for free at Mattress Firm and other authorized dealers.
Where Do They Ship?
Hampton & Rhodes ships mattresses across the continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Mattress Firm and other approved sellers, on the other hand, transport mattresses outside of the lower 48 states.
|Delivery||Depending on availability|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Warranty||10 year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Full refund minus processing fees|
In a Nutshell - Hampton & Rhodes Mattress
Overall, we found that despite the Hampton & Rhodes Mattress's lucrative price point, this mattress has very subpar construction quality. It's hard to recommend a mattress that will start to show wear and tear signs and start slumping, causing spinal misalignment.
We always recommend avoiding mattresses that will cause back health complications, and rather recommend that you should invest in a mattress that not only preserves your back health, but even improves it.
We recommend that if you're looking to upgrade to a new mattress, then you should get a proper mattress that will outlive cheap and quickly replaced options.
With that being said, if you're looking for a hybrid mattress that will serve you for years (even decades) to come, and that you took the advise for forking up an investment for the sake of your health, we have a few options that we always recommend.
The most comparable option to the Hampton & Rhodes is the Layla Hybrid Mattress, which won our award for the Best Hybrid Mattress. It happens to be the best hybrid mattress money can buy, despite being not that much more expensive than the Hampton & Rhodes HR440, but from our testing the slight price difference is worth every single dime.
Despite its attractive price, the Hampton & Rhodes Mattress has poor construction that starts to show signs of wear and tear very quickly.
It's hard to advocate a mattress that will start to sag and misalign your spine.
We encourage buying a mattress that promotes your back health rather than one that worsens it.
That said, if you're searching for a hybrid mattress that will last for years (or decades) and you took the advice to spend for your health, then we can't recommend anything more than the Layla Hybrid, which is most similar to the Hampton & Rhodes.
Overall, it's slightly more expensive than the Hampton & Rhodes HR440, but it happens to be a night-and-day difference that's so much worth it.
Layla Hybrid Mattress
GET $200 OFF + FREE Comfy Bundle + 2 FREE Premium Pillows