Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress
The Helix Dusk Luxe mattress offers exceptional comfort, enhanced support, advanced cooling, and premium cooling features, making it ideal for hot sleepers, stomach and back sleepers, and couples with diverse sleep preferences.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for hot sleepers who would like to stay cool at night.
Ideal for people looking for a luxurious 7-star hotel feel at home.
Offers excellent motion isolation and other features with couples in mind.
Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
Helix Sleep is a renowned brand in the world of mattresses, offering a variety of mattresses and bedding products that are tailored to various sleep preferences. Clients can even take a sleep-related quiz, and Helix will recommend the best choice for them.
The Helix Dusk Luxe is a premium mattress designed for back and stomach sleepers, offering exceptional support and comfort. It's also suitable for side sleepers seeking a cozy yet supportive mattress. Crafted with high-quality materials, it excels in cooling, motion isolation, and pain relief.
In this article, we will discuss the following for the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress:
- Pros and cons.
- Feel, firmness, and comfort.
- Material and design.
- Warranty policies.
- FAQs you might be asking.
Helix Dusk Luxe Overview
- Pain Relief: Helix Dusk Luxe is a great choice for people who suffer from back pain as it is zoned support, which simply means it is firmer in the middle section of the mattress and a bit softer near the head and the foot.
- Excellent Cooling: Because of the coils’ constant airflow, the Helix Dusk Luxe is a great choice for people who overheat during the night as it does not trap heat.
- Durable: Durability is something you should look for when looking for a mattress. The Helix Dusk Luxe is very durable, with a 2-inch taller than the core model, and it is also luxurious as it contains a premium pillow top.
- Support: Helix Dusk Luxe also offers excellent support, which is a great indicator that these mattresses will be long-lasting and durable. Sleepers can securely sleep near the edge because of the coil layer that makes up a huge part of the construction.
- Firmness: As a medium mattress in firmness, the Helix Dusk Luxe may not be the ideal choice for those who prefer extremely firm or extremely soft mattresses.
- Price: Being a luxurious option, the Helix Dusk Luxe comes at a higher price point. While it may not be the most affordable mattress on the market, it offers superior quality.
- Heavy Sleepers: Helix Dusk Luxe may not provide optimal support for individuals weighing over 250 pounds.
Who Do We Recommend the Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress for
- Hot Sleepers: With the constant circulation of airflow, the Helix Dusk Luxe stands as an ideal option for people who overheat during the night.
- Back Sleepers: Helix Dusk Luxe provides the support needed for spinal alignment as it is just firm enough to support the lower back, regardless of the sleeper’s body type.
- Stomach Sleepers: Helix Dusk Luxe is a perfect choice for stomach sleepers. They need a supportive mattress to prevent their hips from sinking too deeply into the bed and disrupting their spinal alignment.
- Couples: The Helix Dusk Luxe mattress is also a superb choice for couples because of its motion isolation and responsiveness.
Unboxing the Helix Dusk Luxe
The High Dusk Luxe mattress comes compressed, rolled, and boxed. making it easy to move around, even by yourself.
Setting up the mattress was easy and straightforward and only required cutting the tape, as there were no staples or glue around the edges.
After placing the mattress on our bedframe, the mattress expanded fully in about two hours. The edges also expanded immediately, indicating excellent corner expansion.
Upon removing the mattress from its plastic wrapping, there was a slight non-chemical odor, but it dissipated almost instantly. However, your experience may vary based on your room's size and ventilation.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For Helix Dusk Luxe
Helix Dusk Luxe Firmness
The Helix Dusk Luxe mattress is a medium mattress, a 5 on our firmness scale. The top pillow and memory foam act as a soft and comfortable layer, while the coils make it firmer and more supportive.
The Helix Dusk Luxe stands out as a top choice for back and stomach sleepers due to its outstanding lumbar support. However, we believe this firmness could also accommodate some side sleepers. The perceived firmness may vary depending on body weight. If you're on the lighter side, this mattress might feel slightly firmer.
Helix Dusk Luxe Feel
The smooth-to-the-touch, breathable material chosen to make Helix Dusk Luxe makes the feel of it against your skin firm, luxuriant, and revitalizing. The mattress cover hugs your body as you lie down.
As soon as we sink into the Helix Dusk Luxe, we can feel its plush, velvety cover immediately embracing us. The cover is cool to the touch. We could feel the top layer of memory foam that conforms to the shape of our body, relieving pressure on our muscles and joints. The middle layer's pocketed coils comfortably support our back and spine.
The Helix Dusk Luxe’s cooling technology keeps us cozy and cool during the night, giving us the ability to sleep soundly without overheating.
Helix Dusk Luxe Comfort
The Helix Dusk Luxe is a premium mattress designed with a medium feel, with an extra foam comfort layer and zoned lumbar support in the base coil for a bouncy, comfortable feel.
We put the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress to the test in various sleeping positions with our partners, who have different weights and sleep in different positions, including side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
What we concluded is that the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress is designed to provide support for back and stomach sleepers. However, it may not be the best choice for heavy-side sleepers as the mattress is not as firm as some other mattresses, which can lead to minimal discomfort as the sleeper may sink too far into the mattress.
For lightweight and average-weight sleepers, Helix Dusk Luxe is a great pick because of its advanced support and firmness, it is good for pain relief. As for heavyweight sleepers, Helix Dusk Luxe might not be the most suitable choice as it’s not supportive enough for heavy people.
The table below summarizes our test results:
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)
|Average (150 – 250 lb)
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Helix Dusk Luxe is a luxury, hybrid mattress that combines memory foam, latex, and coils. It is durable as it is made with high-quality materials and is designed to provide the best sleep and other benefits like pressure relief, temperature regulation, and support. The Helix Dusk Luxe is a 13.5-inch firm mattress with six layers and features zoned coils and three types of comfort foam. This material does a good job of cradling and hugging your body. Its cooling technology helps draw heat away during the night.
- Cover: The Helix Dusk Luxe mattress offers two cover choices: the ultra-breathable eco-friendly TENCEL™ cover for superior comfort and the GlacioTex™ Cooling Cover, featuring advanced technology to keep you cool all night.
- Pillow Topper: A gel foam pillow top layer sits beneath this cover. This layer provides additional cushioning and early pressure alleviation to sleepers.
- Comfort Layer: The comfort layer is next, and it includes the same High-Grade Helix Responsive Foam as the normal Helix Dusk model. The Helix Dusk Luxe, on the other hand, incorporates Helix Dynamic Foam in its comfort layer. This material is a latex-foam hybrid option that provides a responsive, bouncy feel to the mattress.
- Transition Layer: The layer that follows is composed of Memory Plus Foam, which adds more pressure relief to the hips, shoulders, and lower back.
- Support Layer: The pocketed coil layer of the Helix Dusk Luxe comes next. The zoned support is firmer at the hips for added support and softer around the shoulders for greater pressure relief. This is excellent news for those who suffer from back pain because it shows that the Helix Dusk Luxe model provides superior lumbar support.
- Base Layer: The same DuraDense foam layer found in the standard Helix rounds things out.
Performance of Helix Dusk Luxe
Couples often find themselves waking up in the middle of the night due to overheating. This is because they tend to share body heat, making it difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature. Fortunately, the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress is designed with couples in mind. It features a Tencel™ cover that is ultra-breathable and moisture-wicking, which helps to keep couples cool and comfortable all night long.
We tested the Helix Dusk Luxe by using the 20-minute temperature test, where we lay on the mattress for 20 minutes and monitored for any heat buildup.
We discovered that the mattress is breathable and has no heat buildup, and its quick-drying characteristics prevent any form of overheating or sweating while you sleep.
For hot sleepers seeking an extra layer of cooling, the Helix Dusk Luxe can be upgraded with the GlacioTex cooling cover. This advanced cover incorporates phase-changing technology to actively absorb and dissipate heat, ensuring a consistently cool and refreshing sleep experience.
In terms of cooling performance, we rate the Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress 4.5/5.
The responsiveness of this mattress makes it easy to toss around and change positions while sleeping. Couples usually look for mattresses that have motion isolation and responsiveness, and the Helix Dusk ranks highly in those elements.
We evaluated the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress responsiveness by placing a 20-pound ball on the mattress and waiting a second for the ball to settle in before removing the ball and measuring how long it took for the mattress to return to its previous shape.
The ball had a response time of 0.7 seconds, which indicates that this mattress is very responsive. That is due to its strong construction, which is designed to hold and support heavier weights while adapting to their movements.
In terms of responsiveness, we rate the Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress 4.6/5.
Couples, especially with fidgety partners, usually look for mattresses that have motion isolation and responsiveness, and in terms of motion isolation, you can barely feel someone changing position or even getting in and out of bed on a Helix Dusk Mattress, so it does an excellent job of absorbing movements.
To evaluate the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress's motion isolation capabilities, we conducted two experiments. In the first test, we placed a half-full glass of water on top of the mattress and dropped a 20-pound ball on the opposite side. The water in the glass moved just slightly during the test, indicating that the mattress had a fair level of motion isolation.
The second test comprised having someone lay on one side of the mattress and our reviewer keeps rolling on the opposite side of the bed. When we asked the first person if they felt any of the movements, he reported that some movements were felt but not enough to disturb his sleep indicating that the mattress does isolate motion transmission levels. In terms of motion isolation, we gave the Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress a 4/5 rating.
Edge support is another important factor to consider when purchasing a mattress. The pillow’s top layer is made of gel foam, which adds an extra cushiony feeling and initial pressure relief to sleepers, especially for back and stomach sleepers. The Helix Dusk Luxe has excellent edge support.
We performed two tests to evaluate the Helix Dusk Luxe, an edge support test by applying pressure with our hands on the edges and monitoring the mattress for levels of counterpressure. When we released, the mattress's edges immediately returned to their original shape.
The second test was sitting on the edge of the mattress and observing how our weight would affect the mattress. The mattress did not sink and we didn’t feel any harsh movements that could affect our balance. So the Helix Dusk Luxe is extremely supportive with no visible compression or rolling off.
The overall stability and durability of the mattress, particularly edge support, are determined by the deep foam and support layers. Because of the supporting quality of its materials, the mattress keeps its shape and doesn't sink over time around the edges.
This indicates that the Helix Dusk Luxe did exceedingly well in our test of edge support performance. We give the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress 4.6/5 for edge support.
A noisy mattress might turn your sleeping time into a nightmare, with extra loud creaking sounds. If you share your bed with a partner, a silent mattress can make all the difference. This is specifically difficult for couples who share a bed, but the Helix Dusk Luxe is made to accommodate such issues and it produces zero noise when changing positions or squeaky noises when rolling out of bed. After conducting a noise test on the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress by dropping a 20-pound ball. We used sensitive microphones to listen for any squeaks or noises and discovered that it was silent.
The Helix Dusk Luxe mattress received a 5/5 rating from us.
When looking for a nice mattress for sex, lovers are typically best served by choosing a hybrid mattress. Because of its bounce, the Helix Dusk Elite mattresses allow you to easily move and alter positions. In terms of bounce, cooling, edge support, and noise level, the Helix Dusk Elite is a good mattress for partners.
Hybrid mattresses tend to score exceptionally well in this category because of their exceptional bounce, edge support, and cooling. The Helix Dusk Elite was no exception.
We rated the Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress 4.8/5 in terms of sex performance.
Back and stomach sleeping on the Helix Dusk Luxe is quite the experience. Back and stomach sleepers typically prefer medium or medium-firm mattresses, and the Helix Dusk Luxe was no exception with outstanding lumbar support that ensures that your body weight is properly and evenly distributed across the mattress, preventing any excessive pressure or soreness in areas such as the shoulders, hips, or back.
By visualizing the pressure distribution, we used a pressure map to test and evaluate the mattress's ability to reduce pressure in specific areas of the body. Here are the results:
- Back Area: The pressure map revealed a relatively consistent blue color on the map for the back region, making the Helix Dusk Luxe an excellent choice for a back sleeper because it provides excellent lumber support that keeps the spine properly aligned during sleep.
- Shoulders Region: The map revealed that there was a consistent blue color with a slight hint of green for the side sleeping position. This indicates that this mattress is not the ideal pick for light-side sleepers.
- Hips Area: In the stomach and back sleeping positions, the hip region was green, with a small spot of green in the side sleeping position. It indicates that the mattress is probably not an ideal choice for heavy sleepers who suffer from hip pain.
In terms of pressure relief, we rated the Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress 4.2/5.
Helix Dusk Luxe Warranty and Company Policies
Each Helix Dusk Luxe mattress is covered by a 15-year limited warranty. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects.
Helix Dusk Luxe mattress comes with a 100-night risk-free trial, this means you can try it out before you decide if you want to keep it. If you changed your mind, Helix offers free returns and full refunds.
Make sure you sleep on the mattress as much as you can during the trial period.
Helix Dusk Luxe offers free returns in the United States. It is recommended that actually try the mattress for three weeks at least before deciding as it takes a bit of time to adjust to a new mattress. During the trial period, your body will be adjusting to the new feel, firmness, support, and materials of the mattress.
If you're still not happy with the mattress after the trial period, you can return it for a full refund.
Helix offers free shipping to the United States. Every Helix mattress is shipped in a box for free. Shipping times are between 3-8 business days, but the shipping time may vary depending on the location of the delivery address.
The table below summarizes the current sizes and prices of Helix Dusk Luxe mattress. Note that the prices are before any discounts, so it is recommended to check the prices on Helix website for the most up-to-date prices.
|38″ x 74″ x 13.5″
|38″ x 80″ x 13.5″
|54″ x 75″ x 13.5″
|60″ x 80″ x 13.5″
|76″ x 80″ x 13.5″
|72″ x 84″ x 13.5″
The Helix Dusk Luxe mattress is a luxurious mattress that provides comfort and support for back and stomach sleepers. It is made with premium materials, with advanced cooling technology and comfortable feel and firmness. The Helix Dusk Luxe is worth the investment for those who are looking for the best possible sleep.
We give the Helix Dusk Luxe mattress a score of 5/5 for value.
|15-Year Warranty Mattress
|100-Nights Free Trial
|Free Returns in the United States
|Free Shipping in the United States
|Zero Interest - Via Affirm
|Made in the United States
FAQs about Helix Dusk Luxe
Is The Helix Mattress a good choice? How long will the Helix Dusk Luxe last?
The Helix Dusk Luxe is a very good choice for back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and fans of luxury mattresses, which can last beyond 10 years depending on how often you use the mattress.
Does the Helix Dusk come with a sleep trial?
Yes, with the 100-night risk-free trial period offered by Helix Dusk Luxe, you can give the mattress a try before determining whether or not to keep it. Helix offers free returns and complete refunds if you decide to change your mind.
Does the Helix Dusk Luxe come with a warranty?
Yes, the limited warranty of Helix Dusk Luxe mattresses lasts for 15 years. This limited warranty covers all manufacturing defects and provides you with particular legal rights.
How does the Helix Dusk ship? Is it for free?
Yes and yes. Helix provides free shipping within the US. All Helix mattresses come with free shipping compressed in a box. The delivery address's location may affect the shipping time, which typically takes three to eight business days.
Do I need a box spring with the Helix Dusk mattress?
No, any hard flat surface will work to support the Dusk. That includes box springs, platform bed frames, and even adjustable bases!
The Helix Dusk Luxe is a hybrid mattress that offers a luxurious and comfortable feel with excellent performance and high support and responsiveness that should best suit back and stomach sleepers.
Helix Dusk Luxe Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now