Helix Plus Mattress
Helix Plus is designed with plus-sized sleepers in mind, it offers exceptional pressure relief and features great cooling properties, which makes it a great choice for heavy sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Offers excellent motion isolation and other features with couples in mind.
Provides excellent comfort for plus-sized sleepers or heavier sleepers.
Helix Plus Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
Helix Sleep is a distinguished brand in the world of mattresses. They offer a wide variety of mattresses and bedding products that are tailored to different sleep preferences and needs. Shoppers can even take a sleep quiz, and Helix will recommend the best fit for them.
The Helix Plus is Helix Sleep’s ultimate answer to the popular demand for mattresses for heavy sleepers. It’s a hybrid mattress that uses XL innerspring coils and layers of dense foam designed specifically to support plus-sized sleepers.
In this article, we will discuss the following for the Helix Plus mattress:
- Who we recommend this mattress for
- Unboxing Experience
- Firmness, Feel, and Comfort
- Constructions, Material, and Design
- Warranty and Company Policies
- FAQs about the mattress
- Final Verdict
Helix Plus Mattress Overview
- Cooling Features: The Tencel cover of the Helix Plus mattress is extremely soft, ultra-breathable, and quick-drying, which makes it a great choice for hot sleepers.
- Zoned Support: The Helix Plus mattress has a zoned support system, which means that the wrapped coils’ pressure is softer at the head and foot areas and more firm in the middle of the mattress.
- Sturdy Construction: The extra-large innerspring coils and layers of dense foam provide excellent support for plus-sized sleepers, especially in back and stomach sleeping positions, as they offer nice support to the lumber region and keep the spine aligned.
- Responsiveness: The Helix Plus is a very responsive mattress, making it an ideal choice for those who enjoy shifting positions throughout the night.
- Not ideal for light-side sleepers: Light-side sleepers might experience a slight pressure buildup in their shoulders and hips, as The Helix Plus leans towards a firmer feel.
Who we Recommend the Helix Plus Mattress for
- Plus-sized Sleepers: the combination of wrapped coils and dense layers of foam are designed specifically in the Helix Plus to support heavier weights.
- Hot Sleepers: The Tencel cover is extremely soft, promotes airflow, and has quick-drying features so it prevents any sort of overheating or sweating during sleep.
- Couples: Helix Plus responsiveness, motion isolation, and edge support are exceptionally good, which expands the usable surface area for the mattress.
- Back and Stomach Sleepers: Helix Plus is a great fit for heavy sleepers who prefer to sleep in back or stomach sleeping positions due to its Pressure Relief properties.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For Helix Plus Mattress
Helix Plus Mattress Firmness
The Helix Plus mattress construction consists of wrapped coils and dense foam which is designed specifically to support the weight of heavy sleepers, we rate it 6.5 on our firmness scale, which means it is a medium-firm.
The firmness of the Helix Plus may vary depending on the body weight, if you’re a heavy-sleeper, it will feel like a medium-firm mattress, but if you’re more on the lighter side, you’ll experience a little bit more firmness.
Helix Plus Mattress Feel
When you lie down on your back on the Helix Plus, you’ll immediately feel the satisfying pressure relief around the lumber region, as the combination of memory foam and dynamic foam layers provide a nice cushioning feel, meanwhile, the wrapped coils underneath the foam layers support your body.
The cooling properties for the Helix Plus are exceptional as the Tencel cover is a great air-permeable material, it’s also very quick to dry, which makes it a great mattress for not only plus-sized sleepers but also hot-sleepers.
Helix Plus Mattress Comfort
As we mentioned before the comfort of the Helix Plus depends on some key factors, such as body weight and the sleeping positions, after testing it on different body weights, we found that it’s most suitable for plus-sized sleepers.
The 11.5” thickness and firmness of the Helix Plus also provide the most comfort in back sleeping and stomach sleeping, meanwhile, lighter side sleeping could cause some hip and shoulder pressures.
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)
|Average (150 – 250 lb)
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Helix Plus is a hybrid mattress, which means that it’s constructed using a combination of wrapped coils and three layers of foam, including Ultra Dense High-Grade Helix Responsive Foam, Helix Dynamic Foam, and DuraDense Foam.
- Cover: The Helix Plus’s mattress cover is made from Tencel, which is an ultra-breathable material that was designed to promote airflow across the entire mattress, and has a quick-drying feature. Helix also has the option to upgrade the cooling features of the mattress with a GlacioTex cooling cover and GlacioTex pillow top.
- Ultra Dense High-Grade Helix Responsive Foam: This material is designed to balance out the pressure around the hips and shoulders, in addition to providing deep compression support for plus-sized sleepers.
- Helix Dynamic Foam: Below the top comfort layer in the Helix Plus, there’s a layer of Helix Dynamic Foam, Which is a flexible material that contours and adapts to the body. It provides solid spinal and lumber support.
- XL Wrapped Coils: The Helix Plus mattress gets its core support from its layer of extra large innerspring-wrapped coils. These sturdy coils are specifically designed to support heavier weights.
- DuraDense Foam – Lastly, the base layer of the Helix Plus includes a layer of DuraDense Foam. This is a durable and high-density foam that provides additional support and distributes the body weight evenly across the mattress
Performance of Helix Plus Mattress
Cooling is one of the most vital factors to consider when you’re choosing a mattress, especially if you’re a hot sleeper who’s looking for deep sleep without experiencing any disruption or discomfort.
We tested the Helix Plus by lying on it for 20 minutes and monitored if there was any significant heat build-up occurring, and we found out that its ultra-breathable material and quick-drying features prevent any sort of overheating or sweating while you’re asleep.
Thanks to the cooling material Tencel, which is a high-end fabric made from wood pulp, it’s very soft and durable offers great cooling, and heat dissipation, and promotes airflow through the top of the mattress.
If you’re looking to boost the cooling features of the Helix Plus, it can be upgraded with a GlacioTex cooling cover and GlacioTex pillow top.
We rate the Helix Plus Mattress 4.5/5 in terms of cooling performance.
The responsiveness demonstrates how flexible and adaptable the mattress is to your movements and position while you’re asleep.
We tested the responsiveness of the Helix Plus by conducting the ball removal test, as we placed a 20-pound ball on the mattress and waited for a second for the ball to settle in, then, we removed the ball and checked how long it took for the mattress to go back to recover to its original form.
The Helix Plus had a great response time, recovering mostly in 0.5 seconds and completely recovering in 0.7 seconds.
This quick responsiveness is due to the sturdy construction, which is made specifically to handle and support heavier weights, and adapt to their movements.
We rate the Helix Plus Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of Responsiveness evaluation performance.
Motion isolation is especially important for couples or anyone who shares the same bed with a partner because it shows how the movement on one part of the mattress could affect other parts of the mattress.
We conducted 2 tests to measure the capacity of motion isolation on the Helix Plus. The first test was placing a glass half full of water on top of the mattress and dropping a 20-pound ball on the other side of the mattress. The water from the glass splashed on the inner walls of the glass but didn’t spill outside of the glass during the test, which indicates the mattress has a fair level of motion isolation
The second test was to see how well the mattress would isolate motion from a partner. We had one person lie on one side of the mattress while the other person rolled around on the other side. The person lying still reported that he felt some movement but not enough to disturb his sleep which indicates that the mattress doesn't completely isolate motion but has average motion transfer levels.
So if you’re not an easily disrupted sleeper from the movement of your partner, then you’ll be more than happy with the motion isolation levels of the Helix Plus.
We rated the Helix Plus Mattress 3.5/5 in terms of Motion Isolation performance.
Edge support performance affects the stability of your mattress’s surface and is important for maintaining the shape and form of the bed.
We carried out a test for the edge support of the Helix Plus by applying firm pressure to the edges and monitoring for counterpressure. We felt sufficient counterpressure from the dense layers of foam, and the edges sprung back into shape as soon as we removed the pressure.
We conducted another test by sitting on the edge of the mattress, and we didn’t sink at all and felt extremely supported.
The Ultra-Dense High-Grade Helix Responsive Foam has a major role in the mattress’s overall durability and stability, including edge support, and because Helix is designed specifically for plus-sized sleepers in mind, it was constructed to be sturdy enough to eliminate any chance of sagging over time.
The Helix Plus has an excellent edge support performance, as the wrapped coils extend to the edges of the bed and the dense foam provides exceptional support around the edges and prevents any roll-off sensation.
We rated the Helix Plus Mattress 4.8/5 in terms of Edge Support performance.
A silent mattress can make a world of difference if you’re sharing the bed with a partner, and mattresses with coils are known for their squeaky and screechy noises, which can easily decrease the quality of your sleep.
After conducting a noise test on the Helix Plus mattress by dropping a 20-pound ball onto it, We used highly sensitive microphones to listen for any squeaks or noises, and we found out that there was almost no noise at all besides the thud of the ball itself, keeping in mind that the Helix Plus has innerspring, wrapped coils to support the weight of heavy-sleepers.
We rated the Helix Plus Mattress 5/5 in terms of Noise.
The sex performance of a mattress is influenced by multiple factors such as bounce, noise, edge support, and responsiveness.
The Helix Plus features great bounce levels, which makes it sufficient for ease of movement and comfortable repositioning. In terms of noise, the Helix Plus is silent.
The Helix plus edge support is excellent, as the coils extend to the edges of the mattress, which is essential for intimate activities, you won’t feel any roll-off sensation toward the edges, and you’ll be able to use the entire surface of the mattress without feeling any fluctuation.
We rated the Helix Plus Mattress 4.5/5 in terms of sex performance.
A mattress with good pressure relief ensures that your body weight is properly and evenly dispersed across the mattress, which prevents any excessive pressure or soreness in areas such as the shoulders, hips, or back, and provides a better sleeping experience.
We used a pressure map to test out and evaluate the mattress’s ability to reduce pressure in certain areas of the body by visualizing the pressure distribution. The results showed the following:
- Back Region: The pressure revealed a relatively consistent blue color on the map for the back region, which makes the Helix Plus an excellent choice for a back sleeper as it provides great lumber support in addition to keeping the spine properly aligned during sleep.
- Shoulders Region: For the shoulder area, the mattress showed a mix of blue and green colors on the pressure map for the side sleeping positing. which indicates that this mattress may cause some pressure buildup for light-side sleepers.
- Hips Region: The hip region showed a consistent blue color in the stomach and back sleeping positions and a relatively small spot of green color in the side sleeping position. It indicates that the mattress is probably not the optimal choice for light sleepers who struggle with hip pain, especially if they are side sleepers, as the pressure will build up around the hips region specifically in that position.
Overall, the Helix Plus passed our pressure relief tests with phenomenal scores. the Helix is a perfect choice for back sleepers and stomach sleepers, and an average choice for side sleepers.
We rated the Helix Plus Mattress 4.6/5 in terms of pressure relief.
Helix Warranty and Company Policies
Helix Plus mattress is covered by a 10-year limited warranty, which offers specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects. Learn more about the warranty on Helix’s website.
Helix offers a 100-night sleep trial on the Helix Plus mattress, which means you will have plenty of time to try if the Helix Plus mattress is the right one for you, however, it is crucial to give your body from 10 to 14 days to adjust to your new mattress, so take your time before deciding whether you’d like to return it or not.
If you decide that the Helix Plus is not to your liking within the 100-night trial period, you can return it for free, and for a full refund, after reaching the 30-day break-in period.
Helix provides free shipping in the United States, which in the case of the Helix Plus, usually takes 3-8 business days.
The Helix Plus mattress price is a bit on the high side, The prices are demonstrated in the table below according to different sizes, These are the original prices and they’re subject to discounts.
|38” x 75” x 11.5”
|38" x 80" x 11.5”
|54" x 75" x 11.5”
|60" x 80" x 11.5”
|76" x 80" x 11.5”
|72" x 84" x 11.5”
|10-Year Warranty Mattress
|100-Nights Free Trial
|Free Shipping in the United States
|Zero Interest - Via Affirm
|Country of Origin
|Proudly made in the United States
FAQs about Helix Plus
How does the Helix Plus ship?
The Helix Plus is a bed-in-a-box compressed mattress and will be shipped for free to your door.
Is there a specific weight that the Helix Plus is made for?
No, There is no specific recommended weight for the Helix Plus mattress, however, it is a mattress that’s made specifically to support a plus-sized sleeper so, 250-300 pounds would likely get the most support from the mattress.
Does the Helix Plus have an off-gassing period?
Yes, most of the compressed bed-in-a-box mattresses have an off-gassing period, the Helix Plus however only has a slight non-chemical odor. It’s recommended to wait for the off-gassing odor to dissipate completely before using the mattress, which will take from 24 to 48 hours to fully dissipate.
What is the break-in period?
Compressed mattresses tend to usually take around 30 days to adjust and expand. Your body will also take time to adjust. Experts recommend giving a new mattress a few weeks for your body to truly adjust before deciding if the mattress is the right one for you or not.
What happens if I don’t like the Helix Plus mattress?
If you find that you don’t love the Helix after the 30-night break-in period, you can return the mattress for free and for a full refund.
The Helix Plus mattress offers exceptional pressure relief, support, and cooling performance.
We believe this mattress is best suited for heavy sleepers who prefer back or stomach sleeping positions. It's also an excellent choice for hot sleepers and couples due to its breathable and soft-to-the-touch cover material, which features quick-drying properties to prevent overheating or sweating during sleep.
Helix Plus Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now