Helix Twilight Elite Mattress
The Helix Twilight Elite is a premium hybrid firm mattress designed specifically for combination and stomach sleepers. It’s 16 inches tall and has a durable construction that blends high-density layers of foam with individually wrapped pocketed coils to offer maximum support while maintaining its flexibility and responsiveness.
Offers excellent motion isolation and other features with couples in mind.
Ideal for sleepers who shift position often while sleeping.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for people looking for a luxurious 7-star hotel feel at home.
Helix Twilight Elite Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
Helix Sleep's line of mattresses offers a wide variety of mattresses and bedding products, from firm mattresses to soft mattresses and everything in between. Helix Sleep offers products that are tailored to different sleep requirements. Shoppers can even take a sleep quiz, and Helix will recommend the best fit for them.
The Helix Twilight Elite Mattress is a 16-inch tall mattress from Helix Sleep, with advanced technology implantations and top-of-the-line materials. The Twilight Elite is designed in particular for stomach sleepers and people who like to toss and turn in their sleep.
In this article, we will discuss the following for the Helix Twilight Elite mattress:
- Who we recommend this mattress for
- Unboxing Experience
- Firmness, Feel, and Comfort
- Constructions, Material, and Design
- Warranty and Company Policies
- FAQs about the mattress
- Final Verdict
Helix Twilight Elite Overview
- High-Quality Materials: Helix Elite mattresses are GREENGUARD Gold certified and made with CertiPUR-US foams, and they implement new cutting-edge technologies to provide the best and most relaxing sleeping experience.
- Great Cooling Properties: The Helix Twilight Elite’s cover is made from the GlacioTex cooling fabric, which has a high thermal conductivity that allows heat to be quickly and effectively pulled away from your body.
- Zoned Support: The Helix Twilight Elite has zoning technology, which means it provides a softer feel under your shoulders and firmer under your hips to help cradle your body, offers additional lumbar support, and helps maintain spinal alignment.
- Excellent Warranty: Helix Elite mattresses are all covered by a 15-year limited warranty, which offers specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects.
- Price Range: The price tag of the Helix Twilight Elite might be a bit high, but that’s because it’s constructed from high-quality materials and implements new cutting-edge technologies such as the zoning technology and the GlacioTex cooling cover. These elements make the price range for this mattress more on the pricey side.
Who we Recommend the Helix Twilight Elite for
- Couples: The Helix Twilight Elite mattress is the perfect choice for bed-sharing because two bodies tend to overheat faster than one body; fortunately, the Helix Twilight Elite has impeccable cooling properties that will prevent any heat buildup during sleeping.
- Hot Sleepers: The GlacioTex cooling cover will provide an uninterrupted sleeping experience for hot sleepers and keep their bodies cool during the night.
- Back Sleepers: The Helix Twilight Elite is zoned; it cushions your body as it softens the area under your shoulders, and it gets gradually firmer under the hip area. It also gives extra lumbar support and aids in maintaining the alignment of your spine.
- Stomach Sleepers: The Helix Twilight Elite is a good option for stomach sleepers because it offers just the right amount of pressure relief without allowing your hips to sink too far into the mattress.
Unboxing the Helix Twilight Elite
Setting up the Helix Twilight Elite is fairly straightforward; it ships compressed in two boxes: one box for the base of the mattress and one box for the comfort inserts.
Assembling The Helix Twilight Elite mattress is very simple, thanks to clear instructions and a practical zipper system. Simply unwrap the wrapped support base and the comfort insert before installing them on your bed frame or foundation. After that, carefully unzip and open the pillow top cover before laying the comfort insert on top of the encased support foundation. Finally, zip back up the pillow top cover.
The mattress will gradually decompress to its full 16-inch size within a few hours, and the edges will also extend, which indicates excellent corner expansion. The entire unpacking and assembly process should take approximately 15 minutes.
The Helix Twilight Elite doesn’t emit a strong off-gassing odor like the majority of bed-in-a-box mattresses, which is one of its great features; however, during compressing, you might detect a faint, non-irritating odor that will fade away in a few hours in a well-ventilated room.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For Helix Twilight Elite
Helix Twilight Elite Firmness
The Helix Twilight Elite is a firm mattress due to the individually wrapped coils and the high-density layers of foam. We gave The Helix Twilight Elite an 8 on the firmness scale.
If you’re looking for a firm mattress, then the Helix Twilight Elite is probably one of the best firm mattresses on the market, even though it’s firmer than industry-standard firm mattresses. The Helix Twilight Elite still maintains a level of softness due to the copper gel memory foam layer and the memory plus layer.
If you're a back sleeper, the zoned support feature in the mattress will give you extra support in the lumbar region. If you're a stomach sleeper, you'll feel great, and your hips won't sink forward onto the mattress.
Helix Twilight Elite Feel
When we laid down on the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress, we were engulfed by the GlacioTex cooling quilted cover, which is silky smooth and promotes airflow.
We could also feel the Copper Gel memory foam adapting to our body form and movements; it provided sufficient pressure relief and kept the mattress from feeling too hard on the surface.
As we continued to sink into the comforting embrace of the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress, we started to feel more supported, and the firmness enhanced our overall sleeping experience due to the individually wrapped zoned coils, which offered a sense of stability and security during the night.
Helix Twilight Elite Comfort
The Helix Twilight Elite Mattress, despite its firmness, is intended to provide support and pressure relief for side sleepers; however, it is also a great choice for back and stomach sleepers, as it adjusts to your body's shape and weight. The mattress is also zoned, so it offers exceptional lumber support and spinal alignment.
The sturdy construction of the mattress ensures that sleepers in any weight range won’t experience any discomfort or pressure on the stomach and back sleeping positions; heavy-side sleepers, however, might feel a hint of pressure on their hips and shoulders.
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)
|Average (150 – 250 lb)
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Helix Twilight Elite is a firm hybrid mattress that is also 16 inches tall and has 9 layers of high-density foam and individually wrapped coils to ensure maximum comfort, pressure relief, and overall support.
The Helix Twilight Elite has a GlacioTex cooling cover, and it’s constructed using a combination of individually wrapped coils and Microcoil Comfort Layer with layers of foam, including Copper Gel Memory Foam, Helix Responsive Foam, Memory Plus Foam, and DuraDense Foam as a base layer
- Cover and Pillow Top: The quilted foam pillow top is made of GlacioTex Elite cooling fabric, which pulls away the heat and prevents overheating. It also offers pressure relief comfort throughout your sleeping experience.
- Copper Gel Memory Foam: The main comfort layer in the Helix Twilight Elite is made from high-density copper gel memory foam, which offers outstanding pressure and firmness. It also adds to the cooling properties of the mattress as it doesn’t trap any heat.
- Microcoil Comfort Layer: Between two layers of foam, there’s a 1-inch layer of individually wrapped microcoils, which cradles your body, ensures extra premium comfort, and helps with spinal support and alignment.
- Helix Responsive Foam: Under the memory foam, there’s a 2-inch layer of Helix high-grade responsive foam, which is an innovative foam blend that provides a soft and responsive sensation on the mattress's surface. It also cushions your body and keeps you from sinking too far into the mattress.
- Microcoil Comfort Layer: Another layer of 1-inch steel microcoils for increased durability helps with maintaining the overall structure of the mattress and supports the layers above it, as well as promoting airflow and breathability.
- Memory Plus Foam: A thick layer of memory plus foam for added support and flexibility, it balances out the firmness of the mattress and adapts to the body movement for enhanced comfort for people who like to toss and turn in their sleep.
- Helix Responsive Foam: Right above the main support layer of wrapped coils, there’s another 2-inch layer of Helix High-grade responsive foam, which serves as a transitional layer and adds more space and support to the coil base of the Helix Twilight Elite.
- Wrapped Coils: An 8-inch layer of individually wrapped zoned coils, they’re far superior to standard steel coils, and they serve as the main support layer of the mattress's overall structure. They also offer a zonal lumber support and full perimeter reinforcement.
- DuraDense Foam: Finally at the very bottom of the mattress, there’s a 1-inch DuraDense base layer of dense foam. This is a durable and high-density foam that provides additional support with the wrapped coils and the rest of the Helix Twilight Elite layers.
Performance of Helix Twilight Elite
The cooling performance of the mattress is a significant element to consider when buying a mattress, especially if you’re a hot sleeper who’s looking for a relaxing and uninterrupted sleeping experience.
We tested the Helix Twilight Elite by lying on it for 20 minutes and monitoring if there was any heat buildup occurring, and we found out that the mattress has excellent cooling performance due to the luxurious, quilted pillow top made from GlacioTex.
The GlacioTex fibers have high thermal conductivity to allow heat to be quickly and effectively pulled away from the body and ensure temperature regulation throughout the sleeping experience.
The Helix Twilight Elite is a perfect choice for hot sleepers and couples who share the same bed, as two bodies generate more heat than one, and the GlacioTex cover will eliminate any excessive overheating or sweating during sleep and guarantee a restful and relaxing sleeping experience.
We rate the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.8/5 in terms of cooling performance.
The responsiveness of the mattress is a necessary component to ensure that the mattress will adapt to body movements and contour to the body shape.
We tested the responsiveness of the Helix Twilight Elite by conducting the ball removal test, we placed a 20-pound ball on the mattress and waited for a second for the ball to settle in, we removed the ball and checked how long it took for the mattress to go back to its original form.
The Helix Twilight Elite had an outstanding response time, recovering mostly in 0.4 seconds and completely recovering in 0.6 seconds. which indicates that the Helix Twilight Elite has an excellent response time.
The Helix Twilight Elite is a bit firmer than the industry standard medium-firm mattress, and that’s because of the dual micro coil layers and dense layers of foam support.
We rate the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of responsiveness.
Motion isolation is a crucial element to keep in mind while choosing your mattress, especially in the case of bed-sharing. That’s when mattresses with a very low motion transfer level become essential to ensuring a restful sleeping experience.
We conducted two tests to measure the capacity of motion isolation on the Helix Twilight Elite. The first test was placing a glass half full of water on top of the mattress and dropping a 20-pound ball on the other side of the mattress. The water barely sloshed, which indicates the mattress has a great level of motion isolation
The second test was to see how well the mattress would isolate motion from a partner. We had one person lie on one side of the mattress while the other person rolled around on the other side. The person lying still reported that he felt a hint of movements that didn’t bother him, which indicates the Twilight Elite does an excellent job of absorbing the movement without transferring it and it has fairly low motion transfer levels.
We rated the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.3/5 in terms of motion isolation performance.
Edge support performance affects the stability of your mattress’s surface and has a role in maximizing the usable surface range of the mattress which is important if you’re planning to sleep on the mattress with a partner or you prefer a spacious mattress.
We conducted a test for the edge support of the Helix Twilight Elite by applying firm pressure to the edges and monitoring for counterpressure. We felt immediate counterpressure, sank in slightly, and sprung back to their natural position once we removed our hands.
We conducted another test by sitting on the edge of the mattress. There was a very minimal sinkage that occurred when we sat on the edge of the bed, but mostly the mattress maintained its shape with very minimal compression, but we didn’t feel any roll-off sensations or instability, which indicates that the Helix Twilight Elite has excellent edge support performance.
We rated the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of edge support performance.
Hybrid mattresses have a reputation for producing screechy and squeaky noises when you move on top of them, which is something that no one wants to deal with as it could be an annoyance to yourself and whoever shares the bed with you.
After conducting a noise test on the Helix Twilight Elite mattress by dropping a 20-pound ball on it, we used highly sensitive microphones to listen for any squeaks or noises. We didn’t hear any noise except for the sound of the ball hitting the mattress's surface.
The Helix Twilight Elite did an excellent job at absorbing the movement without producing any noise, which means that your sleep won’t likely be disrupted by the sound of your mattress during your sleep.
We rated the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of noise.
The sex performance of a mattress depends on many elements, such as the bounce level, noise, edge support, and responsiveness.
The Helix Twilight is a very comfortable and supportive mattress due to the layer of dynamic foam, which is very flexible and offers excellent bounce levels. Meanwhile, the micro coil layers add more support and ventilation to the mattress, which adds to its cooling properties. Couples can also utilize the entire surface of the mattress due to the excellent edge support.
We rated the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.8/5 in terms of sex performance.
The Helix Twilight Elite was designed to alleviate pressure points throughout the body, as the dynamic foam layers contour to the body movements and the micro coils maintain the shape of the mattress without compressing or sinking in.
We used a pressure map to test and evaluate the mattress’s ability to reduce pressure in certain body areas by visualizing the pressure distribution. The results showed the following:
- Back Region: The pressure revealed a consistent blue color on the map for the back region across all sleeping positions. This makes the Helix Twilight Elite an excellent choice for a back sleeper because of the zoned lumbar support, and the individually wrapped steel coils, which provide full perimeter reinforcement for additional sturdiness.
- Shoulders Region: For the shoulder area, the mattress showed a blue color on the stomach and back sleeping positions, and in the side sleeping position, it showed a hint of green color on the pressure map, which indicates that the Helix Twilight Elite will be a good fit for side sleepers; however, there might be a slight pressure buildup on the shoulder region if you happen to be a heavy sleeper.
- Hips Region: The hip region showed a blend of blue and green colors, which was more prevalent in the side sleeping position, so there might be some pressure on the hips area if you’re a side sleeper, but it won’t be a major issue for you if you don’t have pre-existing pain in that area.
Overall, the Helix Twilight Elite passed our pressure relief tests with outstanding scores. the Helix Twilight Elite is a great choice for back and stomach sleepers and a very good choice for side sleepers.
We rated the Helix Twilight Elite Mattress 4.3/5 in terms of pressure relief.
Helix Warranty and Company Policies
The Helix Twilight Elite mattress is covered by a 15-year limited warranty, which offers specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects. Learn more about the warranty on Helix’s website.
Helix offers a 100-night sleep trial on the Helix Twilight Elite mattress, which means you can take your time with trying it before deciding whether the Helix Twilight Elite mattress is a good choice for you or not. However, we recommend giving your body 10 to 14 days to adjust to your new mattress.
If you decide that the Helix Twilight Elite is unsatisfactory within the 100-night trial period, you can return it for free and receive a full refund after reaching the 30-day break-in period.
Helix Twilight Elite ships in 2 boxes for easy handling, and Helix provides free shipping in the United States, which, in the case of the Helix Twilight Elite, usually takes 5–10 business days.
The prices for the Helix Twilight Elite are demonstrated in the table below according to different sizes. These are the original prices, and they’re subject to discounts. Check their website to see the latest prices..
|38″ x 74″ x 16″
|38″ x 80″ x 16″
|54″ x 75″ x 16″
|60″ x 80″ x 16″
|76″ x 80″ x 16″
|72″ x 84″ x 16″
The Helix Twilight Elite is a premium mattress constructed with high-quality materials and implementing new cutting-edge technologies, so it’s bound to be on the pricier side, but it’s still a great investment because of all the amazing benefits that come with it, and you’ll have a 100-night trial period to make sure that it’s the right mattress for you.
|15-Year Warranty Mattress
|100-Nights Free Trial
|Free Shipping in the United States
|Zero Interest - Via Affirm
|Country of Origin
|Made In the United States
FAQs about Helix Twilight Elite
What’s special about the Helix Twilight Elite mattress?
Helix Twilight Elite is part of the Helix Elite Collection, which pushes the boundaries of mattress design by implementing advanced technologies to provide an optimal sleeping experience. Each Helix Elite mattress is constructed with layers of high-density foam and cradling micro coils; they’re also shipped in two boxes for easy handling.
How long does it take to receive the Helix Moonlight Elite mattress?
The Helix Twilight Elite mattress is shipped in two boxes and will take 5–10 business days, depending on your location. Once you place the order, you will be given a tracking number. The mattress includes free shipping and returns in the United States.
Does The Helix Twilight Elite Mattress Have A Warranty?
Yes, the Helix Twilight Mattress is just like the rest of the Helix Elite line, covered with a 15-year limited warranty that offers specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects. You can check out Helix's website to learn more about the warranty.
The Helix Twilight Elite is a firm hybrid mattress designed for stomach and back sleepers. It provides excellent cooling, pressure relief, responsiveness, and edge support. The mattress is made with top-of-the-line materials and incorporates the latest technologies to provide the best possible sleeping experience.
Helix Twilight Elite Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now