Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a firm hybrid mattress. It’s constructed from a blend of layers of memory foam, responsive foam, and springy pocketed coils. It helps with spinal alignment and aids sleepers who suffer from back pain.
Ideal for hot sleepers who would like to stay cool at night.
Offers excellent motion isolation and other features with couples in mind.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for people looking for a luxurious 7-star hotel feel at home.
Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
Helix Sleep's line of mattresses offers a wide variety of mattresses and bedding products, from firm mattresses to soft mattresses and everything in between. Helix Sleep offers products that are tailored to different sleep requirements. Shoppers can even take a sleep quiz, and Helix will recommend the best fit for them.
The Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress is Helix Sleep's premium hybrid mattress, which is designed to provide pressure relief for all sleepers and promote spinal alignment.
In this article, we will discuss the following for the Helix Twilight Luxe mattress:
- Who we recommend this mattress for
- Unboxing Experience
- Firmness, Feel, and Comfort
- Constructions, Material, and Design
- Warranty and Company Policies
- FAQs about the mattress
- Final Verdict
The Helix Twilight Luxe Overview
- Cooling Features: The Helix Twilight Luxe’s cover is made from the ultra-breathable material Tencel, which is soft to the touch and promotes airflow, preventing overheating and sweating during the night. This makes it a great choice for couples and hot sleepers who are looking for an uninterrupted sleeping experience. If you want to boost its cooling features even further, you can upgrade to the GlacioTex cooling cover and pillow top.
- Zoned Support: The Helix Twilight Luxe has zoning technology, which means it provides a softer feel under your shoulders and firmer under your hips to help cradle your body, offers additional lumbar support, and helps maintain spine alignment.
- Hypoallergenic: You can choose between the Tencel cover and the GlacioTex cooling cover; both of them are made of hypoallergenic materials, which eliminate triggering any allergic reactions such as itchiness, redness, swelling, or pain, regulate temperature, and keep allergens away.
- Responsiveness: The Helix Twilight Luxe has excellent responsiveness, an outstanding bounce level, and it adapts and contours to the body movements due to the layers of Helix High-grade responsive foam and memory plus foam.
- Price Range: TheHelix Twilight Luxe is a luxury mattress built from state-of-the-art materials, and it incorporates technologies like zoning technology. These elements make the price range for this mattress more on the pricey side.
Who do We Recommend The Helix Twilight Luxe for
- Couples: Due to the excellent cooling properties, impeccable responsiveness, and great edge support, the Helix Twilight Luxe is a great choice for couples or anyone who shares the same bed.
- Hot Sleepers: The soft-to-touch and breathable Tencel cover promotes airflow and has moisture-wicking features that prevent sweating during sleep and halt any heat buildup.
- Back Sleepers: The Helix Twilight Luxe is a great mattress for back sleepers due to its exceptional pressure relief properties and zone support, which helps in maintaining spine alignment and provides additional support to the lumber.
- Stomach Sleepers: Sleepers who prefer stomach sleeping positions will find the Helix Twilight Luxe to their liking as it provides sufficient pressure relief and doesn't let your hips sink too deep into the mattress.
Unboxing The Helix Twilight Luxe
The Helix Luxe mattress ships compressed, rolled, and boxed, which makes it easy to move and set up.
It’s a fairly heavy mattress, so you might need some assistance. Once it’s there, it’s pretty straightforward; you only have to cut the tape, and the mattress will start decompressing.
In our case, the edges of the Helix Twilight Luxe expanded quickly once it was out of the box, which indicates an excellent corner expansion, and then it took 30 to 45 minutes for the mattress to fully expand.
After removing the plastic wrapping around the mattress, you might start to notice a slight non-chemical off-gassing odor, so it’s recommended to leave the mattress in a well-ventilated room for a day or two till the smell fully dissipates.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For The Helix Twilight Luxe
Helix Twilight Luxe Firmness
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a firm mattress; we rated the Helix Twilight Luxe an 8 on the firmness scale, and that’s due to the wrapped coils and the high-density foam.
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a bit firmer than the standard medium-firm mattresses, but unless you’re looking for a soft mattress, then the Helix Twilight Luxe is a great choice as it provides great support and pressure relief across all sleeping positions.
You’ll feel extra lower back and lumber support if you’re a back sleeper due to the zoned support feature in the mattress; if you are a stomach sleeper, you’ll feel great, and your hips will not sink forward too far in the mattress; and if you’re a side sleeper, you won’t feel as much pressure on your hips and shoulders as other firm mattresses because the Helix Twilight Luxe is designed to accommodate side sleepers.
Helix Twilight Luxe Feel
When we laid down on the Helix Twilight Luxe, we were overtaken by the softness of the Tencel cover, which is an ultra-breathable material that prevents overheating during sleeping. It also has quick-drying features, which means if you’re a hot sleeper who tends to sweat in his sleep, you’ll find the Helix Twilight Luxe to your liking as the Tencel cover will dry up the mattress and offer a restful sleeping experience.
As we continued to lay on the Helix Twilight Luxe, we started to experience a greater level of comfort and impeccable support due to its individually wrapped coils. We also didn’t experience any heat buildup and felt more secure and supported throughout all sleeping positions.
Helix Twilight Luxe Comfort
Heavy sleepers will generally like the Helix Twilight Luxe, even side sleepers, because the mattress will not compress, unlike softer mattresses, and they won’t feel any pressure on their shoulders and hips.
As the weight goes down, side sleepers might feel a bit of discomfort, as the firmness of the mattress will build some pressure on the hips and shoulder regions. However, if you’re a back sleeper or stomach sleeper, then you’ll most likely find the Helix Twilight Luxe very satisfactory regardless of the weight because the mattress's firmness and sturdy construction will work to its advantage and provide great support for the spine and lower back.
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)
|Average (150 – 250 lb)
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a firm hybrid mattress designed specifically to promote spinal alignment and aid sleepers experiencing back pain while maintaining pressure relief. It’s constructed with layers of plush memory foam and wrapped coils, and it includes an added pillow top and zoned support
- Cover: You can select one of two covers for the Helix Twilight Luxe. The standard cover is made from Tencel, an eco-friendly, rayon-based material; it’s ultra-breathable and has a quick-drying feature to prevent overheating and sweating during sleep. The other option is that you can upgrade to the GlacioTex cooling cover. This cover uses fibers with high thermal conductivity to allow heat to be quickly and effectively pulled away from the body.
- Helix Responsive Foam: The Twilight Luxe’s main comfort layer is made from high-grade Helix responsive foam, which cushions the body, contours its movements, and allows for a seamless transfer of body weight onto the mattresses.
- Memory Plus Foam: Below the Helix responsive foam, there’s a layer of memory plus foam, which helps balance out the firmness of the mattress while maintaining its softness. It also adds to the overall cooling performance of the Helix Twilight Luxe as it promotes airflow.
- Wrapped Coils: The pocketed coils of the Helix Twilight Luxe provide support and bounce. This layer is also zoned, which means that the core of the mattress is firmer than the portions at the head and feet. This provides additional lumbar support and aids in maintaining the spine's neutral position.
- DuraDense Foam: On the bottom of the mattress, there is a base layer made of DuraDense Foam. This is a durable and high-density foam that keeps the coils from poking down into the foundation or bed frame and provides additional support to all the layers above it.
Performance of Helix Twilight Luxe
Cooling is a crucial factor to keep in mind when you’re choosing a mattress, especially if you’re a hot sleeper who’s looking for a relaxing and uninterrupted sleeping experience.
We tested the Helix Twilight Luxe by lying on it for 20 minutes and monitoring if there was any overheating taking place, and we found out that there wasn’t any heat build-up as the cover was made from the ultra-breathable material, Tencel, which is soft to touch and has quick-drying features to prevent sweating and promote heat dissipation.
If you’d like to boost the cooling properties of the mattress, Helix has an upgrade option for a GlacioTex cooling cover and pillow top, which is a cutting-edge technology made from fibers with high thermal conductivity that allow heat to be quickly and effectively pulled away from your body.
We rate the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4.5/5 in terms of cooling performance.
The responsiveness demonstrates how flexible and adaptable the mattress is to your movements and position while you’re asleep.
We tested the responsiveness of the Helix Twilight Luxe by conducting the ball removal test. We placed a 20-pound ball on the mattress and waited for a second for the ball to settle in. Then, we removed the ball and checked how long it took for the mattress to go back to its original form.
The Helix Twilight Luxe had an outstanding response time, recovering mostly in 0.5 seconds and completely recovering in 0.7 seconds. which indicates that the Helix Twilight Luxe has exceptional responsiveness.
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a firm hybrid mattress, and the blend of coils and layers of dense foam play a part in the Helix Twilight Luxe mattress's recovery timing.
We rate the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of responsiveness.
Motion isolation is a key factor to consider while choosing your mattress, especially if you share the bed with a partner. If you’re an easily disturbed sleeper, you should be looking at mattresses with a very low motion transfer level to ensure a restful sleeping experience.
We conducted two tests to measure the capacity of motion isolation on the Helix Twilight Luxe. The first test was placing a glass half full of water on top of the mattress and dropping a 20-pound ball on the other side of the mattress. There were some vibrations on the surface of the water during the test, which indicates the mattress has a very good level of motion isolation
The second test was to see how well the mattress would isolate motion from a partner. We had one person lie on one side of the mattress while the other person rolled around on the other side. The person lying still reported that he detected only slight movements, which indicates the Twilight Luxe does a good job of absorbing the movement without transferring it, and it has very low motion transfer levels.
The motion isolation performance can be attributed to the Memory Plus Foam, which absorbs more movement.
We rated the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4/5 in terms of motion isolation performance.
Edge support performance affects the stability of your mattress’s surface and is important for maintaining the overall shape and structure of the mattress.
We carried out a test for the edge support of the Helix Twilight Luxe by applying firm pressure to the edges and monitoring for counterpressure. We felt a sufficient amount of counterpressure, and the edges sprung back right after we got up from the mattress.
We conducted another test by sitting on the edge of the mattress. There was very minimal sinkage that occurred when we sat on the edge of the bed, but mostly the mattress maintained its shape and provided great overall support.
The hybrid design and firmness of the Helix Twilight Luxe provide exceptional edge support performance, as the coils extend to the edges of the bed and the layers of foam provide excellent support around the edges, preventing any roll-off sensation and maximizing the whole surface area of the mattress, which makes it a great choice for couples.
We rated the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4.5/5 in terms of edge support performance.
Certain mattresses, especially hybrid mattresses with wrapped coils, are known to be noisy and squeaky, which can easily affect the quality of your sleep and your partner's sleep. A silent mattress could significantly improve sleep, especially in the case of bed-sharing.
After conducting a noise test on the Helix Twilight Luxe mattress by dropping a 20-pound ball on it, we used highly sensitive microphones to listen for any squeaks or noises. We discovered that there was no sound other than the typical thud of the ball itself. The Twilight Luxe mattress has done a great job of absorbing energy and reducing noise, which suggests that neither you nor your companion will be bothered as you sleep.
We rated the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of noise.
The sex performance of a mattress is influenced by multiple factors such as bounce, noise, edge support, and responsiveness.
With excellent bounce levels, the Helix Twilight Luxe allows for comfort and smooth mobility. You won't experience any roll-off toward the edges and will be able to use the entire surface of the mattress without experiencing any instability thanks to the Helix Twilight Luxe's edge support, which is exceptional because the coils extend to the mattress's edges.
We rated the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4.8/5 in terms of sex performance.
The Helix Twilight Luxe mattress offers enough pressure relief, distributes your body weight evenly across the mattress, and prevents any pressure buildup or soreness in the back, shoulders, or hips, which promotes overall better sleep quality.
We used a pressure map to test and evaluate the mattress’s ability to reduce pressure in certain body areas by visualizing the pressure distribution. The results showed the following:
- Back Region: The pressure revealed a blue color on the map for the back region across all sleeping positions. This indicates that the Helix Twilight Luxe is a great choice for back sleepers because it’s zoned-supported. We felt our hips sinking just the right amount, and you could feel the extra lower back support. The Helix Twilight Luxe offers excellent lumber support and maintains the spine's natural alignment as you sleep.
- Shoulders Region: For the shoulder area, the mattress showed a consistent blue color with a small portion of green color on the pressure map for the side sleeping position, which indicates The Helix Twilight Luxe is a bit firm for some side sleepers, and it could buildup some pressure on the shoulder area, but this won’t be an issue if you’re a heavy side sleeper.
- Hips Region: The hip region showed a blend of blue and green colors, which indicates that the Helix Twilight Luxe might cause some pressure on the hip area for lighter side sleepers; however, it’s not as hard as the other firm mattresses due to the responsive foam and memory plus foam layers, which keep the mattress firm while maintaining some of its softness.
Overall, the Helix Twilight Luxe passed our pressure relief tests with outstanding scores. The Helix Twilight Luxe is a great choice for back and stomach sleepers and a very good choice for side sleepers.
We rated the Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress 4.2/5 in terms of pressure relief.
Helix Warranty and Company Policies
The Helix Twilight Luxe mattress is covered by a 15-year limited warranty, which offers specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects. Learn more about the warranty on Helix’s website.
Helix offers a 100-night sleep trial on the Helix Twilight Luxe mattress, which means you will have plenty of time to decide whether the Helix Twilight Luxe mattress is a good fit for you or not. However, we recommend giving your body 10 to 14 days to adjust to your new mattress, so take your time before deciding whether you’d like to return it or not.
If you decide that the Helix Twilight Luxe is not to your liking within the 100-night trial period, you can return it for free and receive a full refund after reaching the 30-day break-in period.
Helix provides free shipping in the United States, which, in the case of the Helix Twilight Luxe, usually takes 3–8 business days.
The prices for the Helix Twilight Luxe are demonstrated in the table below according to different sizes. These are the original prices, and they’re subject to discounts. Check their website to see the latest prices.
|38″ x 75″ x 13.5″
|38″ x 80″ x 13.5″
|54″ x 75″ x 13.5″
|60″ x 80″ x 13.5″
|76″ x 80″ x 13.5″
|72″ x 84″ x 13.5″
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a luxury mattress constructed with high-quality materials and includes new cutting-edge technologies, so it’s a bit on the high side in terms of price; however, you’ll be getting your money’s worth.
|15-Year Warranty Mattress
|100-Nights Free Trial
|Free Shipping in the United States
|Zero Interest - Via Affirm
|Country of Origin
|Made in the United States
FAQs about The Helix Twilight Luxe
What are the safety certifications that the Twilight Luxe mattress has?
Helix mattresses are GREENGUARD Gold Certified and made with CertiPUR-US certified foams, which means that they are made without any harmful chemicals, including ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, and formaldehyde.
What's the difference between the Luxe collection and the Elite collection?
The Helix Luxe collection is Helix Sleep’s most popular line due to the significant upgrades to the core collection. The Elite collection, however, takes this upgrade even further, as it’s 16 inches tall and includes a 2-inch plush pillow top and dual micro comfort layers. It’s made with an advanced two-part design for easy shipping and handling.
Is the Helix Twilight mattress made in the USA?
Yes, all Helix mattresses are designed and made in Helix’s Arizona facility to ensure consistent quality every single time.
What are the benefits of the Twilight Luxe mattress?
The Helix Twilight Luxe is a premium hybrid mattress made with consideration for all sleepers. If it has included a plush pillow top, an extra foam comfort layer in the body of the mattress, and zoned lumbar support along with a fully reinforced perimeter in the base coils, you can choose between the Tencel cover or the GlacioTex Cooling cover for better overall cooling performance.
Combining high-grade foams and wrapped coils, the Helix Twilight Luxe offers a balanced sleeping experience, providing both comfort and support. Its responsive nature, pressure-relieving properties, and sturdy edge support make it an ideal choice for back and stomach sleepers. The mattress's zoned support system, with a firmer center, enhances spinal alignment and provides additional lumbar support.
Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now