The Nectar Mattress is their classic model their most budget-friendly.
During our thorough investigation of the Nectar Mattress, we found that it is:
- For people who love to sink into the bed.
- For people who want an extremely budget-friendly mattress.
- However, there are much better alternatives for the price nowadays. Reach below to know our recommendations that we believe are better options.
Read below to know our final verdict and whether you should go for the Nectar or a comparable alternative for the price.
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
Being Nectar's cheapest model, the Nectar Mattress claims to be a luxurious mattress made of memory foam supports your body and keeps you cool.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight side sleepers.
People who sleep cold and would like some warm coziness in bed.
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
The original Nectar mattress is the company's flagship product, as well as its most popular and cheapest model. It's calming while also being helpful. It contains a thick layer of gel memory foam with a doughy sensation that helps the sleeper to sink into its surface.
Is the Nectar, however, appropriate for your unique requirements? To help you decide, I evaluated this bed for firmness, pressure relief, motion transmission, edge support, and other variables. Hopefully, at the conclusion of this Nectar mattress review, you'll know if it's the bed of your dreams.
Consider Nectar Memory Foam Mattress if
- Memory foam fans are sure to be pleased with the Nectar. This bed features a traditional memory foam feel, which means plenty of sinkage, contouring, and pressure relief. This can also help those with shoulder or hip discomfort by providing cushioning at sensitive pressure areas.
- I believe this bed would suit both back and side sleepers. They'll receive some pleasant sinkage as the mattress moulds to their body, but not so much that they feel confined.
- The Nectar is quite inexpensive, making it an excellent alternative for budget buyers.
Avoid Nectar Memory Foam if
- Not hard enough for stomach sleepers, especially those weighing more than 130 pounds. To keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders, stomach sleepers require a firm mattress.
- Although the Nectar contains some cooling components, I believe hot sleepers might benefit from additional cooling materials.
- Those searching for a springy mattress may be disappointed with the Nectar. Instead, I'd recommend opting for a hybrid or latex mattress, which offer greater bounce.
Firmness, Feel and Comfort for Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
When choosing a new bed, one of the most important factors to consider is the firmness level. I should point out that various people will perceive a mattress as firmer or softer depending on their body type, weight, and sleeping position. I invited a few friends to test the Nectar Memory Foam with me and offer input to determine how firm it is.
My colleagues and I agreed to give the Nectar a 6 out of 10 on the mattress firmness rating after resting on it for a bit. The Nectar Memory Foam is somewhat softer than medium-firm when compared to the industry standard of 6.5 for medium firmness.
After some time on the bed, I certainly felt cradled rather than hoisted up by it. This deep sinkage and body-contouring might be beneficial for side sleepers or people who want a pressure-relieving feeling.
Performance of Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
Your body weight, whether or not you share a bed, your favorite sleeping position, and other factors will all influence whether or not you find a mattress comfortable. I've put the Nectar through a few different tests to see if it satisfies your demands for things like pain relief and support. Continue reading to discover how the Nectar fared in various sleep requirement areas.
Is the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Good for Light Sleepers (Under 130 lbs)?
- Lightweight back sleepers - should be able to sleep comfortably on the Nectar. For these people, it provides an excellent balance of hardness and support, and it should feel like a firm mattress in this posture.
- Lightweight Side Sleepers - Lighter side sleepers may find the Nectar a little too hard for their requirements, since they won't sink as deep into the memory foam layers as the normal person.
- Lightweight Stomach Sleepers - Lighter stomach sleepers may be able to use the Nectar. In general, stomach sleepers should choose for innerspring mattresses or firm mattresses with little sinkage. Too much sinkage might cause their hips to be out of line with their shoulders, resulting in back discomfort over time.
Is the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Good for Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 lbs)?
- Average Weight Back Sleepers - The Nectar is a good choice for average weight back sleepers. It should provide some wonderful lower back body-contouring.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers - I think average weight side sleepers should particularly appreciate this mattress, as it's intended for them! It should provide enough of deep body contouring and pressure alleviation for these people.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers - The Nectar will most likely be too soft for these sleepers.
Is the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Good for Heavy Sleepers (over 250 lbs)?
- Heavy back, side, and stomach - sleepers The Nectar is most likely insufficiently supportive for these sleepers.
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Pain Relief Performance
If you suffer from discomfort, you should look for a mattress that provides both pressure relief and support. The ability of a mattress to relieve stress at sensitive pressure points such as the hips, shoulders, and lower back is referred to as pressure relief. To establish how effectively a bed will reduce discomfort in certain regions, I prefer to measure its pressure alleviation.
I utilized a pressure map to assess the Nectar's ability to relieve pressure. I jumped on the Nectar after laying out the pressure map. The map then recorded the amount of pressure my body applied on the mattress while lying on my side, stomach, and back. When there is low pressure, the map goes blue to green, and when there is high pressure, the map becomes orange to red. The findings assist me in determining how effectively the bed will ease pain in specific regions.
Back Pain - Based on the data above, I believe the Nectar will be effective in alleviating back pain, particularly for back sleepers. Its upper foams should fill in the lower-back area to reduce pressure and encourage proper spinal alignment. Light and average-weight back sleepers who suffer from back discomfort may benefit from the Nectar.
Shoulder Pain - Based on the map findings, I believe this bed is an excellent choice for anyone suffering from shoulder pain. I believe these people will see significant sinkage in this area, which will assist ease pain and stiffness.
Hip Pain - These are excellent outcomes for back sleepers suffering from hip pain. As you can see, there's a little pressure growing around my hips while I'm on my side, but it's not bothering me. Sleepers with hip discomfort who desire additional padding and sinkage can go for a plusher mattress. This will probably be too soft of a mattress for most stomach sleepers with hip problems.
Other Discomfort Issues - The Nectar's thick layers of memory foam may make it an especially appealing option for sleepers who suffer from joint pain or arthritis. Because of the sinkage provided by these layers, it should perform a good job of cradling your body and reducing overall joint discomfort.
The motion transfer of a mattress is the amount of movement that passes from one side of the bed to the other. On your side, you should barely feel any movement from the opposite side of the bed if you have a mattress with low motion transfer. This is especially crucial for couples or people who sleep with pets, since they will want their mattress to absorb the movements of their bedmate.
I used a seismometer and a 10-pound steel ball to assess motion transmission. I put the ball into the Nectar and measured the resulting disturbance to get the findings shown below.
These are fantastic motion transfer outcomes! Though there is a slight surge at the steepest drop, the movement is brief. This means you may feel a partner's or pet's larger movements for a brief period, but as long as you're not a light sleeper, you should be alright.
Performance During Sex
The finest mattress for sex is often bouncy and responsive, allowing for effortless movement. However, in order to sleep soundly at night, couples must strike a balance between bounce and motion isolation. The Nectar boasts strong motion isolation and reasonable responsiveness, so I think it's an ok alternative for sex.
Couples looking for a new mattress frequently want something with some cooling capabilities because two bodies generate more heat than one. The Nectar sleeps cooler than a regular memory foam mattress, but it's not one of the greatest cooling mattresses on the market, like most memory foam beds.
For an all-foam mattress, I believe the Nectar provides enough edge support. While resting there, I didn't feel like I was about to go off the ledge.
Construction and Design for Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
- Cover - The Nectar mattress cover is a quilted polyester/nylon combination that is cooling. It has heat wicking technology as well as a pleasant, airy feel. It's also detachable, making cleaning a breeze.
- The top layer - The top layer of the Nectar mattress is two inches of gel memory foam. This foam is cooler than standard memory foam, yet it still contours well. This layer will provide you with deep compression support.
- The transition layer - The transition layer is a 4-inch layer of what Nectar refers to as dynamically changing foam. This foam offers bounce and keeps the sleeper from sinking through the memory foam all the way to the solid foundation layer.
- Foundation Layer - support layer of six inches of high-density foam is added. This layer adds some great support to the mattress and keeps the sleeper from sinking too far into it.
Nectar Memory Foam Unboxing and Off-Gassing
Because the Nectar is a bed-in-a-box mattress, it must be unboxed and decompressed before use. Personally, I'd have a buddy assist you in unboxing the Nectar because its deep memory foam layers might make it seem a little weighty.
Most people worry if bed-in-a-box mattresses smell after unwrapping. The Nectar does have an off-gassing phase of 24 to 72 hours during which it releases gases that were confined when it was packaged. The Nectar does not smell any stronger than a regular bed-in-a-box, but if you are concerned about the off-gassing smell, I recommend leaving your new mattress in a well-ventilated room for 24 hours before adding sheets.
Nectar Memory Foam Cost
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||$599|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||$769|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||$899|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||$999|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||$1,299|
|California King||72” x 84” x 12”||$1,299|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 12”||$1,338|
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Policies and FAQs
What is the Nectar mattress's sleep trial time, return policy, and warranty information?
The Nectar ships free and will be sent to your home compressed in a box. It includes a 365-night sleep trial period. If you don't like it, you may return it for a full refund within the first year. If you retain it, it comes with a lifetime warranty — or, as Nectar prefers to put it, a forever warranty.
Does the Nectar need a bed frame?
The Nectar requires a level, stable surface. The firm produces a frame with hardwood slats that eliminates the need for a box spring or an extra frame.
What does it mean for the foams in the Nectar mattress to be CertiPUR-US® Certified?
This indicates that the foams fulfill CertiPUR-US® content, emissions, and durability criteria. Ozone depleters, TCEP flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates are not included in Nectar foams. According to the manufacturer, their foams have minimal VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality.
|Delivery||Approximately 2-5 business days|
|Trial Period||365 nights|
|Return Policy||Full refund within the first year|
The Nectar has a nice vintage memory foam feel to it, in my opinion. This is the mattress for you if you enjoy deep sinkage and contouring.
This sensation is especially appealing to back and side sleepers, who should find their pressure spots cushioned and their spines supported. I also believe the Nectar has decent motion isolation, so you shouldn't be able to hear your partner or pet moving about during the night.
All-in-all, the Nectar Mattress is a great mattress.
We'd say if you've already bought one, there is no need to look for a replacement.
However, if you're in the market for a new mattress, we would recommend that you go for the Amerisleep AS3.
From our testing, we found that the Amerisleep offers everything you'd look for in the Nectar mattress, but goes above and beyond in terms of temperature regulation, value, edge support, and motion isolation. Making it a much better package overall.
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now