Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn is a discontinued hybrid mattress that may not appeal to everyone. While it combines elements of both memory foam and innerspring mattresses, it may not offer the same benefits as dedicated options in each category.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for people looking for the best option on a limited budget.
Layla Hybrid Mattress
GET $200 OFF + 2 FREE Premium Pillows + Extra $50 Off at Checkout
Sealy is a sleep brand that makes a diverse range of bedding items and mattresses for all types of sleepers.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn is a discontinued hybrid medium mattress known for promoting proper spinal alignment. However, its performance falls short in certain areas, particularly in cooling, and motion isolation.
In this review, you will learn everything you need to know about the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress.
- Pros and cons of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress.
- The unboxing experience of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress.
- Firmness, feel, and comfort of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress.
- Construction and design of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress.
- Our performance test results.
- Warranty policies, company policies, and all the FAQs you might want to know.
Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress Overview
- Good Support: The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress incorporates a dense system of individually wrapped coils that adapt independently to your body’s shape and movements. It also gives the mattress a firmer feel, providing you with lumbar support and a more sturdy and durable foundation.
- Noise: Like many innerspring mattresses, the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn may produce some squeaking or creaking sounds during movement. This may not be ideal for couples or those who prefer a completely silent sleep environment.
- Poor Cooling Performance: While the mattress does have some features to promote airflow, it may not be as effective at cooling as other hybrid options. This could be a concern for hot sleepers who tend to overheat during the night.
- Limited Availability: As a discontinued model, the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn may be difficult to find in stores or online. This could pose challenges if you need to return or exchange the mattress, or if you require warranty or customer support assistance. This is why we advise you to consider alternative options like the Layla Hybrid mattress.
Who we Recommend the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress for
- If You’re a side sleeper and loyal to Sealy: We suggest going for the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress, especially since it will help cushion your pressure points, being a medium mattress. However, we strongly believe you’ll find much better results and performance with the SONU Sleep System.
Unboxing the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress
The unboxing process of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress was straightforward. The mattress shipped compressed in a box, which we unpacked and unrolled onto our sleeping surface. The mattress has an average weight, meaning it’ll make it easier for you to get the help of a friend while carrying it around.
The mattress took an excessively long time of 3 days to fully expand. This is considerably long, as the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress is a hybrid meaning it should take less time than memory foam beds to recover back to its form. As for the edges, they expanded shortly after the whole mattress did. indicating poor corner expansion.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress gave an initial potent smell. The intensity of this odor extended for a long period. The off-gassing period lasted a total of 4 days, which is an indicator of the use of volatile materials in making this mattress.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress
Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress Firmness
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress’s firmness scores 5/10 on the firmness scale, making it a medium mattress. This is considered likable by a vast majority of sleepers.
However, we recommend alternative options with a similar firmness profile, such as the Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress which will give you better results and a guaranteed price-to-performance ratio as opposed to the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress which does not live up to its expectations.
The dense coil system in the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress adds to the mattress’s firmness, while the SealyCool™ Air Gel Foam and SealyCool™ Gel Memory Foam give the mattress the ability to cushion your body’s natural curves.
Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress Feel
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress features the ComfortLoft cover, which offers a visually appealing and plush aesthetic. However, upon lying down, some users may experience a level of sinkage that feels uneven, potentially leading to increased pressure points.
While the SealyCool gel memory foam is intended to regulate temperature, its effectiveness may vary depending on individual preferences and sleep environments. Some users might find it insufficient for their thermal needs, particularly individuals sensitive to warmth while sleeping.
Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress Comfort
It’s important to note that mattresses feel different according to body weight and sleeping position. We conducted a few tests to evaluate the mattress’s performance in terms of comfort based on those two factors.
Here is a table summarizing the comfort of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress for different sleepers.
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)
|Average (150 – 250 lb)
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress felt most comfortable for back sleepers of different weights. However, it did not relieve enough pressure in the hips or shoulder when it came to side sleeping and stomach sleeping.
We will later review the pressure relief performance of the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress with our pressure map test.
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress incorporates a design that is aimed to provide you with sufficient support so you don’t have to face any issues regarding joint or back pain. It includes a comfort cover that is easy to maintain, an air gel foam that is constructed to allow airflow, gel memory foam that helps with body contouring but struggles with temperature regulation, and finally, a dense coil system that adds to the mattress’s support and durability.
The design of this mattress is pretty simple, however, if you’re looking for something more eco-friendly, we suggest looking into the Plushbeds Luxury Bliss mattress. It is a hybrid and medium firm mattress as well, except it is made of sustainable materials and contributes greatly to the environment.
- ComfortLoft™ Cover: This layer is designed with Surface-Guard Technology which is supposed to eliminate the formation of mold or bacteria growth in general. This makes it easy to maintain and keeps your surface clean.
- SealyCool™ Air Gel Foam: This upgraded version of SealyCool Gel Foam boasts valley-like peaks to promote air circulation and enhance sleep comfort. While it presents a promising solution for temperature regulation, its effectiveness may vary depending on individual needs.
- SealyCool™ Gel Memory Foam: This memory foam aims to provide a breathable and comfortable sleeping surface. While it offers some level of conformity and pressure relief, it's important to note that memory foam inherently retains heat. Hot sleepers may find it challenging to achieve a cool and comfortable sleep on this material.
- Response Pro HD Encased Coil: This densely packed coil system provides support and promotes proper spinal alignment, aligning with the "Posturepedic" philosophy of maintaining a healthy posture during sleep. The individually wrapped coils minimize motion transfer, ensuring undisturbed sleep for partners sharing the bed.
Performance of Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress
The cooling performance of a mattress is a crucial factor for ensuring a comfortable sleep surface. This is especially true for people who tend to sleep hot during the night. A mattress with effective cooling features helps promote sleep quality.
To conduct our standard cooling test, we lie down on the mattress for 20 minutes, waiting for the bed to absorb body heat, and then measure the temperature of the mattress.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn showed minimal temperature regulation and we noticed signs of heat buildup, which tells us that this mattress does not perform well in terms of cooling and causes heat retention. If you’re looking for a better alternative that will keep you cool while you sleep, you should take a look at the Hush Arctic Luxe mattress.
In terms of cooling performance, the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress scored a 2.5/5.
A mattress with quick responsiveness is important for sleepers who shift positions more frequently during the night. It adapts quickly to your body movements, allowing for ease of movement and eliminating the chances of feeling “stuck”.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress includes coils that are individually wrapped which enables them to move independently, thus making it easier for them to adapt to your body’s shape.
For our responsiveness test, we use a 20-pound ball. Once fully rested, we measure how long the mattress takes to recover and retain its original shape.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress took 1.3 seconds to recover back to its initial form. This refers to the average responsiveness performance that the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress features, which is a good choice for combination sleepers.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress rates 3.5/5 regarding responsiveness.
Motion isolation in a mattress is essential for couples or people who share a bed. It ensures the minimization of motion transfer, meaning if you or your partner move around during the night, the other person will not be disturbed or have their sleep interrupted by the movements.
For the first test, we placed a glass of water on one side of the mattress and dropped a 20-pound ball on the other. The water moved a little, which meant the mattress did not absorb enough motion.
In the second test, one person lay on the mattress while another rolled around on the other side of the bed. The person lying at rest reported that they felt a slight amount of movement.
This indicates that the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress does not isolate motion effectively and might cause frequent sleep disruptions. We recommend the Layla Hybrid mattress as a better option regarding motion isolation.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress scores a 2.3/5 on our motion isolation tests.
People who prefer to sleep or generally sit on the side of the bed seek a mattress with good edge support. Edge support also adds to the durability and longevity of a mattress, as it prevents it from sagging over time and helps it maintain its shape.
We test out edge support performance by applying pressure to the edges of the mattress and observing to see its level of compression. We noticed that it didn’t compress that much, and the edges took quite some time to spring back into shape.
We also sat on the edges of the bed and felt a significant amount of weight sinkage. This may be an issue for heavier sleepers, especially those who prefer to sleep or sit on the edge of the bed.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress showed signs of insufficient edge support. If you want a better choice we suggest the Layla Hybrid mattress.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress rates 3/5 on our edge support performance tests.
A quiet sleep environment is important for a peaceful and restful night’s sleep. Mattresses that include coil systems are more prone to produce noise, such as creaks or squeaks, which negatively affect sleep quality.
We conducted our standard noise test by dropping a 20-pound ball onto the mattress. With the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn bed, we used highly sensitive microphones to listen for any noises produced, and we heard notable noises and squeaks.
We give the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress a 3/5 for noise performance.
For a proper evaluation of the sex performance in a mattress, we must take into account several factors. Those factors are bounce, noise, responsiveness, and edge support.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress has great responsiveness performance, which allows for quick and easy change of movements. This mattress falls short in terms of noise, motion isolation, and edge support performance, which makes it difficult for couples to enjoy intimate moments. The bounce levels in this mattress are moderate which means they’ll suffice during intimacy.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn rates a 3/5 in terms of sex performance.
A mattress that performs well in terms of pressure relief is an ideal one for people who suffer from back pain and joint pain in general. It will help eliminate pressure points which will provide you with a more comfortable and pain-free sleep.
Our pressure relief test is conducted by using a pressure mapping system to measure the pressure levels throughout the body while lying on the bed.
The pressure map below demonstrates the results we collected.
- Back Region: For the back area, we saw colors ranging from blue to green on the pressure map. The individually wrapped coils in the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress contribute greatly to the lumbar support it features. This makes this bed a good choice for back sleepers or anyone who suffers from back pain.
- Shoulders Region: The pressure map revealed a consistent orange color which indicates minimal pressure relief. This tells us that the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress does not help in eliminating or reducing pressure points.
- Hips Region: The hip area revealed an orange color which also refers to increased pressure points in the hips, which is not convenient, especially for side and stomach sleepers.
In conclusion, the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress did not show great results in our pressure map test, except for the back region. This makes it an eligible mattress for people who strictly sleep on their backs. However, we still suggest you look into the Layla Hybrid mattress as it will give you better performance and pressure relief.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress scores a 3/5 on our pressure map test.
Sealy Warranty and Company Policies
Sealy mattresses come with a 10-year warranty. However, the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress has been discontinued which means you’ll want to contact the retailer you purchased it from for more details on the warranty.
Sealy offers a 90-night sleep trial for most of their mattresses, which is short when compared to other brands. The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn's trial period will vary according to the retailer. We suggest reaching out to your retailer for more assurance on the trial period of your mattress.
If you tried out the Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress and decided it does not fit your needs, you can contact the retailer for a potential full refund. However, it is not guaranteed.
Sealy offers free delivery nationwide, but you might want to check the retailer’s website for more details on your area as it might cost you an additional shipping and handling charge.
The prices and variety of sizes are shown in the table below.
|53″ x 74″ x 13″
|60″ x 79″ x 13″
|76″ x 79″ x 13″
|72″ x 83″ x 13″
Please note that Sealy's company policies may not apply to discontinued mattresses that are only offered by retailers.
|Country of Origin
FAQs about Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn Mattress
What is the difference between Sealy and Sealy Posturepedic?
The Sealy Posturepedic is an upgrade of the original Sealy mattress, with the addition of a design that aims to provide your body with its natural and proper posture. It has the AlignSupport™ coil system, which is meant to enhance support and responsiveness.
Is Sealy Posturepedic a good mattress for back pain?
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress includes a reinforced coil system that aims to provide you with lumbar support and promote proper spinal alignment. This makes it a good choice for back sleepers.
What does Posturepedic mean in a mattress?
The term “Posturepedic” refers to a mattress that is designed to give your spine and body a natural and healthy alignment. Posturepedic mattresses tend to feel more firm and supportive than most mattresses.
Are Sealy mattresses good quality?
Sealy mattresses are of average quality and come in different firmness options, constructions, and designs. Each mattress is designed for a specific purpose. We do not, however, recommend buying a Sealy mattress as there are far better alternatives, like the SONU Sleep System.
The Sealy Posturepedic Mount Auburn mattress did not live up to what we expected. It performed poorly when it came to cooling and motion isolation. It also did not relieve pressure points as we’d hoped it to.
This mattress will mostly fit people who sleep on their backs and those who are loyal to the Sealy brand and are familiar with it.
Layla Hybrid Mattress
GET $200 OFF + 2 FREE Premium Pillows + Extra $50 Off at Checkout