Helix Twilight Mattress
The Helix Twilight is a firm hybrid mattress constructed with layers of memory foam and individually wrapped pocketed coils that is ideal for stomach sleepers, and it’s Helix Sleep’s answer to side sleepers, tossers, and turners.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for sleepers who shift position often while sleeping.
Ideal for hot sleepers who would like to stay cool at night.
Offers excellent motion isolation and other features with couples in mind.
Ideal for people looking for the best option on a limited budget.
Helix Twilight Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
Helix Sleep is one of the best brands for mattresses and bedding products. They offer a wide variety of products that are tailored to different sleep requirements. Shoppers can even take a sleep quiz, and Helix will recommend the best fit for them.
The Helix Twilight Mattress is Helix Sleep’s firm mattress for stomach and side sleepers who toss and turn during their sleep. The mattress features gel memory foam and layers of Helix responsive foam to provide firmness while maintaining flexibility and responsiveness.
In this article, we will discuss the following for the Helix Twilight mattress:
- Who we recommend this mattress for
- Unboxing Experience
- Firmness, Feel, and Comfort
- Constructions, Material, and Design
- Warranty and Company Policies
- FAQs about the mattress
- Final Verdict
Helix Twilight Overview
- Cooling Features: The Breathe Knit cover is soft and plush and promotes airflow, which prevents any sort of overheating or sweating during sleep and improves the overall quality of sleeping.
- Responsiveness: The Helix Twilight has excellent responsiveness as it adapts to the body movements quickly and adjusts to the body shape, and that’s due to the layers of Helix high-grade responsive foam and the copper gel memory foam.
- Pressure Relief: The Helix Twilight is a great choice for anyone with back pain, as it’s a rather firm mattress, but because of its hybrid construction, it’s not too hard. It provides sufficient support for the spine and keeps it aligned.
- Great Edge Support: The sturdy construction of the Helix Twilight maximizes the usable surface of the mattress and eliminates any rollout sensations around the edges of the mattress.
- Firmness: If you like your mattress to be on the softer side, then the Helix Twilight might not be for you, as the Helix Twilight is a firm mattress.
- Motion Transfer: The individually wrapped coils and firmness of the Helix Twilight, while they have many advantages, are also bound to transfer a fair amount of motion.
Who do we Recommend the Helix Twilight for
- Hot Sleepers: The cooling properties of the Helix Twilight will eliminate any sort of heat buildup during sleeping, thanks to the Breath Knit cover, which is soft to the touch and promotes airflow.
- Couples: Due to the excellent cooling, edge support, responsiveness, and noise isolation of the Helix Twilight, it’s a great fit for couples who share the same bed.
- Back Sleepers: The sturdy and firm hybrid construction provides exceptional support for back sleepers; it keeps their spine in perfect alignment and provides consistent pressure relief.
- Stomach Sleepers: People who prefer stomach sleeping positions will find the Helix Twilight to their liking, as it offers nice pressure relief due to the comfort layers of copper gel memory foam and responsive foam.
Unboxing the Helix Twilight
The Helix Twilight ships compressed in a box, which makes it easy to maneuver and unbox.
It’s a fairly heavy mattress, so you might need a little bit of assistance to unbox it and set it up. Once it’s there, it’s pretty straightforward; you only have to cut the tape, and the mattress will start decompressing.
The mattress expanded fully in about 30 minutes, which is a fast expansion time. The edges also expanded immediately, demonstrating excellent corner expansion.
After unboxing, remove the plastic wrapping, and you might start to smell a non-chemical odor, which is the off-gassing odor, so we recommend leaving the mattress in a spacious and well-ventilated room for a day or two till the smell fully dissipates.
Firmness, Feel, and Comfort For Helix Twilight
The Helix Twilight Firmness
The Helix Twilight is a fairly firm mattress as it’s designed specifically for stomach sleepers and side sleepers who like to toss and turn in their sleep, we rated The Helix Twilight 8 on the firmness scale, which indicates that it’s a firm mattress.
The Helix Twilight is firmer than the standard medium-firm mattresses; however, the mattress has a gel memory foam layer to ensure that the mattress is not too hard and has some sinkage level.
The Helix Twilight Feel
When we laid down on the Helix Twilight, we were engulfed by the softness and plush feel of the Breathe Knit cover, which promotes airflow and prevents overheating, which makes the mattress a great choice for hot sleepers and couples.
The comfort layer of the Helix Twilight is made from slow-moving Copper Gel Memory Foam, which provides a nice pressure relief. It also adapts and contours to the body movement, and the copper gel infusions don’t trap a lot of the body heat. Under that, there’s a layer of High-Grade Helix Responsive Foam to give the mattress a more firm overall feel.
As we stayed on the Helix Twilight, we started to feel more of its comfort and immaculate support because of the individually wrapped coils. We didn’t experience any heat buildup, and we felt more stable and supported in all sleeping positions.
The Helix Twilight Comfort
The Helix Twilight mattress is a firm mattress, a characteristic that typically suits stomach sleepers. The sturdy construction of the Helix Twilight is specifically designed to accommodate side sleepers, who may find it challenging to locate a mattress that doesn't exert pressure on their hips and shoulders, especially if they are on the heavier side. This is why the Helix Twilight is a firm mattress but not overly firm due to the gel memory foam layer, making it an excellent choice for side sleepers and those who frequently toss and turn in their sleep.
The Helix Twilight's performance is not limited to other sleeping positions. In fact, the Helix Twilight provides a comfortable and restful sleeping experience for back sleepers by maintaining proper spinal support and alignment. Stomach sleepers should also find the mattress quite comfortable, as the firmness keeps their hips elevated and in line.
|Lightweight (Under 150 lb)
|Average (150 – 250 lb)
|Above Average (Over 250 lb)
Constructions, Materials, and Design
Materials and Design
The Helix Twilight is designed specifically for side sleepers and people who toss and turn at night due to its firmness and its flexible memory foam layers.
The Helix Twilight is a hybrid mattress with a Breathe Knit cover**,** and it’s constructed using a combination of individually wrapped coils and layers of foam, including Copper Gel Memory Foam, Helix Responsive Foam, and DuraDense Foam as a base layer
- Cover: The Helix Twilight Mattress has a Breathe Knit cover, which is a stretchy and soft material that promotes airflow and prevents overheating during the night. If you’d like to give a boost to the cooling properties of the Helix Twilight cover, Helix has the option to upgrade its GlacioTex cooling cover and pillow top.
- Copper Gel Memory Foam: The main comfort layer of the Helix Twilight consists of a layer of Copper Gel Memory Foam, which provides delightful pressure and doesn’t absorb heat due to the copper gel infusion. The combination of gel memory foam and Helix responsive foam offers a distinctive firmness, which indicates that the sinkage of the Helix Twilight will not be as deep as other mattresses with gel memory foam.
- Helix Responsive Foam: Beneath the comfort layer, there’s a transitional layer of Helix High-Grade Responsive Foam, which contours and adapts to the movement of the body, as well as offering ergonomic support and cushioning. This layer also has a high IFD (Indentation Force Deflection) for a higher firmness level.
- Wrapped Coils: The support layer is made of up to 1,000 individually wrapped pocketed coils, which provide sufficient bounce levels and great edge support. It also reinforces the construction of the Helix Twilight Mattress.
- DuraDense Foam: The baseline of the Helix Twilight Mattress is made of DuraDense Foam, which is a durable and high-density foam that provides additional support to the other layers and distributes the body weight equally across the mattress
Performance of Helix Twilight Mattress
Cooling is one of the most important elements to consider when you’re choosing a mattress, especially if you’re a hot sleeper who’s looking for deep sleep without experiencing any disruption or discomfort.
We tested the Helix Twilight by lying on it for 20 minutes and monitoring if there was any significant heat build-up occurring, and we found out that the Breathe Knit cover promotes airflow and decreases the chances of overheating during sleeping. Also, the mattress has excellent heat dissipation features.
If you’d like to boost the cooling properties of the mattress, Helix has an upgrade option for a GlacioTex cooling cover and pillow top.
We rate the Helix Twilight Mattress 4/5 in terms of cooling performance.
The responsiveness demonstrates how flexible and adaptable the mattress is to your movements and position while you’re asleep.
We tested the responsiveness of the Helix Twilight by conducting the ball removal test. As we placed a 20-pound ball on the mattress and waited for a second for the ball to settle in, we removed the ball and checked how long it took for the mattress to go back to its original form.
The Helix Twilight had an excellent response time, recovering mostly in 0.3 seconds and completely recovering in 0.4 seconds. which indicates that the Helix Twilight has exceptional responsiveness.
The Helix Twilight is more on the firm side; it’s also a hybrid mattress with a blend of coils and layers of dense foam. All of these elements contribute to the Helix Twilight mattress's responsiveness.
We rate the Helix Twilight Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of responsiveness.
Motion isolation is very significant for couples or anyone who shares the same bed because it shows how the movement on one part of the mattress could affect other parts of the mattress.
We conducted two tests to measure the capacity of motion isolation on the Helix Twilight. The first test was placing a glass half full of water on top of the mattress and dropping a 20-pound ball on the other side of the mattress. The water from the glass splashed on the inner walls of the glass but didn’t spill outside of the glass during the test, which indicates the mattress has an average level of motion isolation
The second test was to see how well the mattress would isolate motion from a partner. We had one person lie on one side of the mattress while the other person rolled around on the other side. The person lying still reported that he could detect a slight movement, which also indicates that the mattress doesn't completely isolate motion but has average motion transfer levels.
The firmer hybrid design of the Helix Twilight, while providing a lot of benefits, also transfers a fair amount of motion, as it’s easier for the firm surface of the mattress to transfer the motion instead of isolating it.
We rated the Helix Twilight Mattress 3.5/5 in terms of motion isolation performance.
Edge support performance affects the stability of your mattress’s surface and is important for maintaining the overall shape and structure of the mattress.
We conducted a test for the edge support of the Helix Twilight by applying firm pressure to the edges and monitoring for counterpressure. Given the firmness of the mattress, we expected it to have an adequate amount of edge support, which is exactly what we felt while conducting the test, and the edges sprung back immediately into shape as soon as we removed the pressure.
We conducted another test by sitting on the edge of the mattress. The sinkage level of the mattress was decent, and we felt excellent support.
The hybrid design of the Helix Twilight provides excellent edge support performance, as the coils extend to the edges of the bed and the layers of foam provide excellent support around the edges and prevent any roll-off sensation. It also maximizes the whole surface area of the mattress, which makes it a great choice for couples.
We rated the Helix Twilight Mattress 4.5/5 in terms of edge support performance.
A silent mattress could drastically improve the quality of sleep, particularly in the case of bed-sharing, and some mattresses are known to be loud and squeaky, especially hybrid mattresses with wrapped coils, which can easily decrease the quality of your sleep and your partner's sleep.
After conducting a noise test on the Helix Twilight mattress by dropping a 20-pound ball on it, we used highly sensitive microphones to listen for any squeaks or noises. We found out that there was no sound at all besides the usual thud of the ball itself. The Twilight mattress has done very well to absorb energy and silence the noise, which indicates that it won’t disturb you or your partner during your sleep.
We rated the Helix Twilight Mattress 4.7/5 in terms of noise.
The sex performance of a mattress is influenced by multiple factors such as bounce, noise, edge support, and responsiveness.
The Helix Twilight features great bounce levels, which makes it sufficient for ease of movement and comfortable repositioning. In terms of noise, the Helix Twilight edge support is excellent. As the coils extend to the edges of the mattress, which is essential for intimate activities, you won’t feel any roll-off sensation toward the edges, and you’ll be able to use the entire surface of the mattress without feeling any instability.
We rated the Helix Twilight Mattress 4.5/5 in terms of sex performance.
A mattress with good pressure relief ensures that your body weight is properly and equally distributed across the mattress, which prevents any excessive pressure or soreness in areas such as the shoulders, hips, or back and provides a healthier sleeping experience.
We used a pressure map to test and evaluate the mattress’s ability to reduce pressure in certain body areas by visualizing the pressure distribution. The results showed the following:
- Back Region: The pressure revealed a relatively consistent blue color on the map for the back region across all 3 sleeping positions, which makes the Helix Twilight an excellent choice for people with back pain as it provides great lumber support and keeps the spine properly aligned during the sleeping experience.
- Shoulders Region: For the shoulder area, the mattress showed a blue color with a hint of green color on the pressure map for the side sleeping position. The Helix Twilight is designed specifically for heavy side sleepers, and it’s one of the best fits for that; however, due to the firmness of the mattress and the limited sinkage, it could build up a fair amount of pressure on the shoulder area, especially for lighter sleepers.
- Hips Region: The hip region showed a mix of blue and green colors, which indicates that the Helix Twilight might cause some pressure on the hip area, but it’s not severe enough to disturb your sleeping unless you’re already suffering from hip pain.
Overall, the Helix Twilight passed our pressure relief tests with excellent scores. The Helix Twilight is a great choice for back sleepers and stomach sleepers, and a very good choice for side sleepers.
We rated the Helix Twilight Mattress 4.2/5 in terms of pressure relief.
Helix Warranty and Company Policies
Helix Twilight mattresses are covered by a 10-year limited warranty, which offers specific legal rights and covers all manufacturing defects. Learn more about the warranty on Helix’s website.
Helix offers a 100-night sleep trial on the Helix Twilight mattress, which means you will have plenty of time to decide whether the Helix Twilight mattress is the right one for you. However, we recommend giving your body 10 to 14 days to adjust to your new mattress, so take your time before deciding whether you’d like to return it or not.
If you decide that the Helix Twilight is not to your liking within the 100-night trial period, you can return it for free and receive a full refund after reaching the 30-day break-in period.
Helix provides free shipping in the United States, which, in the case of the Helix Twilight, usually takes 3–8 business days.
The prices for the Helix Twilight are demonstrated in the table below according to different sizes. These are the original prices, and they’re subject to discounts. Check their website to view the latest prices.
|38″ x 75″ x 11.5″
|38″ x 80″ x 11.5″
|54″ x 75″ x 11.5″
|60″ x 80″ x 11.5″
|76″ x 80″ x 11.5″
|72″ x 84″ x 11.5″
The Helix Twilight mattress is constructed with high-quality materials to ensure it’s durability and sturdiness. That’s why it's a bit on the pricey side, but you'll undoubtedly get your money's worth.
|10-Year Warranty Mattress
|100-Nights Free Trial
|Free Shipping to the United States
|Zero Interest - Via Affirm
|Country of Origin
|Made in the United States
FAQs about Helix Twilight
How does the Helix Twilight ship?
The Helix Twilight is shipped compressed in a box to your door for free. You’ll need to give it a day or two after setting it up on your bed to decompress, and it’s not recommended to sleep on it during that period because of the off-gassing odor.
Can I get an extended warranty?
Helix Sleep offers a 10-year limited warranty on the standard Helix Twilight, but if you’d like an extended warranty, maybe you should consider another Helix Twilight version, such as the Luxe version, which has a 15-year limited warranty.
What is the return policy?
If The Helix Twilight proves that it’s not to your liking, you can return it for free and get a full refund within the 100-night trial. However, we recommend giving your body some time to adapt to the new mattress—30 nights—before making the decision to return it.
What’s the difference between standard Helix and Luxe?
There could be many differences between the two versions, but mainly the Luxe has a quilted 14” cover, whereas the standard version has a thinner 12” cover. The coil count also varies on each version; in the case of the Luxe, it’s more than 1000 coils on a queen mattress, whereas in the standard version, it’s less than 1000 coils on a queen mattress.
The Helix Twilight incorporates plush memory foam and individually wrapped coils, which provide a decent combination of comfort and support. It has excellent responsiveness, pressure relief, and edge support.
We believe it’s best suited for lighter-side sleepers and a great fit for stomach sleepers, as it provides great spine support and alignment.
Helix Twilight Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now