See our experts' tips on the reasons why your memory foam mattress corners aren't expanding and inflating like they should.
Continue reading below to know the answer to why your mattress corners aren't expanding and how to solve this issue once and for all.
Asking yourself if heat is a factor in memory foam's ability to expand? It is, in fact!
Memory foam mattresses inflate more quickly when the room is warm, you move or roll about on the mattress, or you wait a few more days.
Part Of The Mattress Still Looks Smushed Or Compacted
You just got your brand-new memory foam mattress earlier this week. When you open the memory foam mattress, it doesn't inflate to its supposed shape. There is an issue with this.
There's a chance it won't appear as deep or won't cover the complete bed frame. There are various ways to break in a new mattress, but doing so may interfere with your sleep.
Tips And Tricks [Solution]
If you know how to make memory foam inflate & expand more quickly, you can get to sleep sooner. There are numerous ways to do this.
- The mattress should be heated because memory foam is temperature-sensitive. It won't fully expand when it's cold out. To hasten the growth process, make sure your space is at least 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 Celsius) warm.
- Wait 72 hours - After removing the mattress from its packaging, you might want to leave it on the floor for a few days. This enables it to grow completely.
- Move around on the mattress, as it can soften the surface of the memory foam. Frequently, 10 minutes of mattress movement will smooth things out.
- After 72 hours, you should finally use your mattress for sleep. At first, there can be some discomfort. Your body ought to adapt gradually but steadily.
- Obtain the ideal foundation - Your mattress may feel uncomfortable if the foundation is old. A new bed frame can be purchased at the same time as a new mattress!
- Be patient – Most firms provide a sleep trial if you're not happy with a mattress. Giving it a fair shot is crucial; occasionally, finding the ideal mattress only requires a little patience.
- Most importantly, get a good memory foam mattress. In our testing, we thoroughly tried the Amerisleep AS3 Mattress, and within our testing and the tons of user reviews, it proved to have exceptional corner expansion!
What Are The Best Mattresses For Corner Expansion?
If you just want to get it over with unexpanded corners with your current mattress. If you're within the trial period, just return it and opt for one of the following mattresses instead.
It's important to have a mattress with good corner expansion as it allows you to utilize your bed area fully, and also no one likes the look of a mushed mattress. Especially when you pay so much for a luxury mattress.
We did the homework for you, and from our tests we can assure you that the following mattresses consistently have perfect corner expansion within a few hours of unboxing.
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress
The Amerisleep AS3 is a medium-firm mattress that combines comfort with support. It also has breathable, cooling materials that allow for a steady airflow through its layers. This makes it ideal for most sleepers, especially those who prefer sleeping on their side, as it’s soft enough to cushion their pressure points. The mattress also offers excellent motion isolation and noise performances.