- The Winkbed mattress is a luxurious hybrid mattress that offers sleepers a unique combination of comfort and support, designed with heavier people in mind.
- It features individually-wrapped coils, foam, and a quilted top layer for a medium-firm feel, as well as a cooling system to keep your temperature regulated.
- It comes with a generous 20-year warranty and a 120-night sleep trial.
- It is designed to provide a luxurious and durable sleeping experience.
- However we believe that there might be better options for your money. Read our final conclusion to see get the most for your money.
Read our review below to know why you should consider/avoid getting a WinkBed mattress.
WinkBed Plus Mattress
The Winkbed Plus is a luxurious hybrid mattress with individually-wrapped coils, foam, premium quilted top, and a great cooling system..
If you often overheat while you sleep, this mattress should help you stay cool.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Layla Hybrid Mattress
GET $200 OFF + FREE Comfy Bundle + 2 FREE Premium Pillows
The WinkBed Plus is intended for heavy sleepers. The mattress features a hybrid design that is intended to improve pressure relief and body support without sacrificing comfort.
To determine if the WinkBed Plus comes up to its promise, I put it through its paces with a heavier sleeper to see how pleasant and supportive it is.
Consider WinkBed Plus Mattress if
- The WinkBed Plus is intended for sleepers weighing more than 300 pounds. It makes use of long-lasting foam and very supportive pocketed coils. It'd make an excellent bed for heavier people who have been frustrated by other alternatives on the market.
- I'd also suggest this mattress to anyone looking for a lot of bounce. The latex foam and coil system work together to add buoyancy to the bed, allowing sleepers to easily change positions during the night.
- This mattress contains several components that contribute to a cool sleeping experience, including latex and individually wrapped coils. These materials promote ventilation throughout the bed and keep the sleeper cool.
- I believe back sleepers would be satisfied with the WinkBed Plus since it provides the strong support required to ensure neutral spinal alignment.
Avoid WinkBed Plus if
- This mattress does not appear to be soft enough for side sleepers. These people require a mattress that allows their hips and shoulders to sink beneath.
- To light sleepers, the Plus feels substantially firmer. Because it was particularly constructed to sustain heavier weights, people who are light will not sink. Lighter sleepers may consider one of the WinkBed's other firmness options.
- The WinkBed Plus may be out of reach for some budget customers, but WinkBeds frequently offers deals.
Firmness, Feel and Comfort for WinkBed Plus Mattress
Now that we've learned a little bit about the WinkBed, let's get down to business and talk about how it feels. When discussing feel, I like to start with firmness since it offers you the most accurate picture of how you'll feel on the mattress. I assigned a hardness rating to this mattress.
This mattress seemed quite firm to me, and I rated it an 8 out of 10 on the firmness scale. I also found the Plus to be firm, scoring it 7.5 out of 10 for firmness.
This hardness level is ideal for back sleepers who suffer from back discomfort, since they require adequate support to keep their spines straight. Combination sleepers may prefer this bed as well, because you should feel more "on top of" rather than "stuck-in" it.
WinkBed Plus Mattress Performance
I put the WinkBed Plus through testing to examine how it operates for different sorts of sleepers to offer you a more objective assessment. Continue reading to find out more!
Is the WinkBed Plus a Good Mattress for Light Sleepers (Under 130 lb)?
- Light back sleepers - will find the Plus to be exceptionally firm. You'll appreciate this bed if you want a hard feel, but I'd recommend looking into a softer WinkBed model instead.
- Light Side Sleepers - For these sleepers, who require additional pressure relief at the shoulders and hips, this bed is far too hard. They might like the original WinkBed's soft model.
- Light Stomach Sleepers - The WinkBed Plus may appeal to these sleepers. It will assist them in keeping their hips elevated up in line with their shoulders, which will help them avoid back discomfort.
Is the WinkBed Plus a Good Mattress for Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 lb)?
- Average Weight Back Sleepers - If they want a firm sensation, these sleepers may prefer the WinkBed Plus. It will assist these people maintain a good sleeping position and make them feel supported in the lumbar area.
- Side Sleepers of Average Weight - The WinkBed Plus is likewise excessively stiff for these sleepers. To provide additional pressure relief around delicate joints, they might look for a softer type of this bed.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers - This bed should suit these sleepers. It will keep their lower backs from bending, which is vital for avoiding discomfort over time.
Is the WinkBed Plus a Good Mattress for Heavy Sleepers (over 250 lb)?
- Heavy back sleepers - will benefit greatly from this bed. It will keep their spines in a comfortable neutral position and should keep them feeling supported all night.
- Heavy Side Sleepers - These people want a softer mattress. Side sleepers want a mattress that allows their hips and shoulders to sink in somewhat, promoting neutral spinal alignment.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers - I usually recommend hard mattresses for stomach sleepers. If you have a broader tummy, I'd choose a mattress with greater sinkage.
WinkBed Plus Mattress Pain Relief Performance
A pressure relief test is an excellent approach to assess a mattress's capacity to reduce discomfort. The ability of a mattress to relieve stress at sensitive pressure points such as the hips, shoulders, and lower back is referred to as pressure relief.
It is especially critical for people who have hip or shoulder discomfort, since they will need a bed that can cradle sensitive regions.
Back Pain - Though there is some green and yellow in the hip area, the map is mostly blue, which tells me that back sleepers with back pain, as well as many side sleepers with back pain, may like this bed. If you're a heavy stomach sleeper who bears your weight in the stomach area, this bed might not be a good match for you.
Shoulder Ache - This mattress should be suitable for back sleepers who suffer from shoulder pain. In the shoulder area, there is a lot of green. Which means that side sleepers who suffer from shoulder discomfort will want a softer mattress. This bed should be comfortable for stomach sleepers with shoulder problems.
Back Sleepers - with Hip Discomfort - The results indicate that back sleepers with hip pain may benefit from a softer mattress for deeper pressure alleviation. Similarly, the green and yellow in the hip area indicates that side sleepers who suffer from hip discomfort would want a more cushioned bed. If they don't bear their weight mostly in the stomach area, this firm bed should be suitable for many stomach sleepers with hip problems.
The word motion transfer refers to the amount of movement that occurs from one side of the bed to the other. On a mattress with strong motion transfer, you will feel the movements of your spouse or pet on your side of the bed.
The motion transmission on the WinkBed Plus is quite low! This is fantastic news for couples or anybody who sleeps with a pet since it reduces the likelihood of feeling movements from the other side of the mattress.
Performance During Sex
The finest mattress for sex is generally responsive and bouncy, allowing for effortless movement and position changes. The solid feel of the WinkBed Plus makes it quite simple to move around on this bed, which tells me it's a fantastic option for sex.
Couples sweat faster than single sleepers and, as a result, prefer cooling beds. The hybrid architecture of the WinkBed Plus guarantees that it sleeps cool, so it may appeal to both couples and hot sleepers.
The WinkBed Plus provides excellent edge support. It includes an Extra-Edge Support System, which made me feel really secure on the mattress's edges. This is wonderful news for couples or bigger sleepers who wish to use their mattress's whole surface area.
Construction and Design for WinkBed Plus Mattress
- Cover - The cover of the Plus is made of Tencel. Tencel is a natural, eco-friendly eucalyptus fiber. It has a soft feel and is extremely breathable, which aids in the prevention of overheating.
- Pillow Top Layer - The Euro pillow top of the WinkBed Plus is quilted with high-density "anti-sag" gel foam. This layer adds some padding to your back, hips, and shoulders.
- Comfort Layer –The next layer is a 2.5-inch layer of latex foam that is zoned to be denser in regions that require extra support, such as the hips, and softer at the shoulders and feet. Latex is inherently breathable and provides a bouncy but pressure-relieving sensation.
- Support Layer – It's a layer of individually wrapped coils built particularly to sustain larger body weights. This layer contributes to the mattress's firm, bouncing sensation.
- Edge Support - As previously stated, the WinkBed Plus incorporates an Extra-Edge Support System that runs around the whole edge of the bed. This adds extra support and keeps the mattress from drooping.
WinkBed Plus Unboxing and Off-Gassing
Because the WinkBed Plus is a bed-in-a-box mattress, it will need to off-gas and decompress for 24 to 48 hours after you open it. The WinkBed is a really hefty bed, so I'd recommend having a friend there to assist you with opening it and placing it on your bed frame. The WinkBed, like any new bed-in-a-box, will have a tiny odour during off-gassing, but this should subside within a few hours.
WinkBed Plus Cost
|Twin||38" x 75" x 13.5"||75 lbs||$1,349|
|Twin XL||38" x 80" x 13.5"||85 lbs||$1,449|
|Full||54" x 75" x 13.5"||120 lbs||$1,699|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 13.5"||135 lbs||$1,999|
|King||76" x 80" x 13.5"||145 lbs||$2,199|
|California King||72" x 84" x 13.5"||145 lbs||$2,199|
WinkBed Plus Policies and FAQs
Does the WinkBed Plus have a trial period?
WinkBeds provides a 120-night sleep trial period. It also offers an "Any Reason" lifetime promise of 50% off. Customers can swap their mattress for a different firmness level after the trial period has expired for a 50% discount at any time throughout their ownership.
Does WinkBeds offer a mattress warranty?
Yes, WinkBeds mattresses have a lifetime warranty.
How does the WinkBed Plus ship?
The WinkBed Plus is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will ship compressed in a box. WinkBeds offers free shipping.
Where is the WinkBed Plus made?
The WinkBeds facility in Watertown, Wisconsin manufactures all WinkBeds mattresses in the United States.
Do I need a box spring with the WinkBed Plus?
No, the WinkBed Plus is compatible with the majority of bed frames and foundations. However, they do urge that you utilise a platform base to extend the life of your bed.
Does the WinkBed Plus have an off-gassing period?
No, the WinkBed plus does not require time to release trapped gases. According to WinkBeds, you may use your mattress immediately after unpacking.
|Delivery||Approximately 2-5 business days|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
This mattress was created for heavier people in mind. Heavy people who are tired of unsupportive beds will like this luxurious mattress.
I like the Plus's bouncy and supportive sensation, which is especially beneficial for combo and back sleepers.
I would also recommend the Plus to couples because it offers good motion isolation.
All-in-all, we think the WinkBeds Mattress is great. However, with the introduction of the Layla Hybrid mattress, it becomes hard to recommend when you can get so much more features for the same price (sometimes less).
Read our review of the Layla Hybrid mattress and see if it fits your needs, as we believe most people will be much more satisfied with it over the WinkBeds mattress.
Layla Hybrid Mattress
GET $200 OFF + FREE Comfy Bundle + 2 FREE Premium Pillows