The GhostBed is marketed as a very competitive option for people who are looking for a latex mattress.
In this article, we talk about the GhostBed 's comfort, performance, material quality, and more.
Continue reading below to know if this model from GhostBed is the mattress you're looking for.
The GhostBed Mattress is a synthetic latex mattress that promises to provide the benefits of latex, such as breathability and support for a competitive price.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
Ideal for lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight stomach sleepers.
Ideal for people looking for back and spine pain relief.
Ideal for hot sleepers who would like to stay cool at night.
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now
The Original GhostBed is a comfy alternative for individuals looking for both pressure relief and support, thanks to its fascinating blend of aerated latex, gel-infused memory foam, and durable high-density poly foam. Is it, however, the correct bed for you?
In my GhostBed mattress review, I'll tell you all you need to know about it, from how it's made to how it feels, and much, much more! In addition, I'll include a list of all my previous GhostBed mattress evaluations for your reading and comparison.
Consider GhostBed Mattress if
- For hot sleepers, I recommend the GhostBed. This mattress includes a soft and breathable cover, naturally cooling latex, and gel-infused memory foam, so it has a lot of ventilation and cooling technology.
- I believe combination sleepers would be content with the GhostBed. Its latex top layer provides a springy and responsive sensation that will discourage combination sleepers from feeling "trapped" in this bed.
- I believe back sleepers would benefit from this mattress. It provided some great support to assist encourage correct spinal alignment while also relieving pain in the lower back.
Avoid GhostBed if
- I don't believe the GhostBed is soft enough for side sleepers.
- Similarly**, I believe the GhostBed is too soft for stomach sleepers**. They require a firm mattress with additional support.
- Couples who are easily disturbed by a restless spouse may find the GhostBed uncomfortable. It has a high motion transmission rate, which means you'll probably feel movement from one side of the bed to the other. If you share a bed with a lover or a pet.
Firmness, Feel and Comfort for GhostBed Mattress
So, we've covered some of the fundamentals of the GhostBed, but how does it actually feel? To discover out, I'll put this mattress through a series of tests, beginning with firmness.
Firmness degree, like any other feel component, is subjective and varies greatly based on one's size, shape, and weight.
After rolling around on the GhostBed, I decided to give it a firmness rating of 7 out of 10. When compared to the industry norm of 6.5 for medium firmness, it appears that this bed is somewhat firmer.
I gave the mattress a 7 since I felt that the prevailing sense was one of support and bounce. Though the middle memory foam layer provided some wonderful contouring, I wouldn't say it reduced the lift caused by the latex and high-density poly foam. That being said, I believe this bed is best suited for combination sleepers, particularly those who alternate between sleeping on their back and side.
Performance of GhostBed Mattress
Is the GhostBed a Good Mattress for Light Sleepers (Under 130 lbs)?
- Light back sleepers - should be very comfortable on the GhostBed, which provides wonderful bouncing support in this resting position.
- Light side sleepers - will probably find the GhostBed uncomfortably firm. I'd advise them to choose a bed with better pressure alleviation in the shoulders and hips.
- Light Stomach Sleepers - The GhostBed is ideal for light stomach sleepers. I believe it will provide them with the support they require to keep their hips pulled up and in line with their shoulders.
Is the GhostBed a Good Mattress for Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 lbs)?
- Back Sleepers of Average Weight - I loved the way the GhostBed felt on my back! The memory foam layer contoured my lumbar area nicely, while the latex and high-density poly foam helped to keep me squarely on top of the framework.
- Side Sleepers of Average Weight - Despite providing some pressure relief at the shoulders and hips, this bed is a touch too hard for long-term side sleeping. I believe you'll be OK if you alternate between back and side sleeping, but otherwise, I'd recommend a softer GhostBed model (like the Luxe).
- Stomach Sleepers of Average Weight - This bed is a tad too soft for stomach sleepers. This is because these people require additional hip lift to sustain an equal spine alignment from the hips to the shoulders.
Is the GhostBed a Good Mattress for Heavy Sleepers (over 250 lbs)?
- Heavy Back Sleepers - Heavy back sleepers may appreciate the GhostBed, as its latex layer should prevent sinkage and keep them supported throughout the night.
- Heavy Side Sleepers - People who sleep on their sides should choose a different mattress. They'll sink through the comfort foams of this bed and into the tougher base foams, perhaps causing pressure spots.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers - When sleeping on their stomach, heavy persons will not receive the necessary support from the GhostBed.
GhostBed Mattress Pain Relief Performance
Let's move on to pain alleviation. The capacity of a bed to relieve pressure at the shoulders, hips, and lower back in a variety of sleeping positions is directly related to pain alleviation. I prefer to utilise a handy dandy pressure map to evaluate this characteristic!
Though it may sound complicated, it's actually pretty simple: I pull out this gadget, climb on, and let the map handle the rest. The device records the force applied by my body as I walk around, generating a colourful "map" of the pressure. For reference, blue denotes low pressure locations and red denotes high pressure areas.
- Back Pain - These largely blue pressure maps indicate that the GhostBed might be an excellent solution for back pain sufferers! It should be able to relieve lower back stress while providing strong support to assist these sleepers maintain a good sleep posture.
- Shoulder Discomfort - The green spots around my shoulders while resting on my side indicate that this mattress is not suitable for people who suffer from shoulder pain.
- Hip Discomfort - Similarly, the green around my hips, along with the stiffer feel of this bed, leads me to believe that those suffering from hip pain may choose a more pressure-relieving bed.
These have a relatively high motion transfer, which means you'll probably feel a lot of movement throughout the bed. If you share a bed with a snorer, this may not be the greatest mattress for you.
Performance During Sex
The ideal mattress for couples often combines adequate motion isolation with enough responsiveness to allow for smooth movement during sex. The GhostBed is definitely responsive enough for sex, but if you're easily bothered by a snoring bedmate, it might not be the greatest option for you.
The optimal mattress for couples often combines appropriate motion isolation with sufficient responsiveness to allow for smooth movement during sex.
The GhostBed is certainly responsive enough for sex, but if you're easily irritated by a snoring bedmate, it might not be the best solution for you.
Edge support relates to how well you'll feel supported while lying on the side of the bed. A mattress with excellent edge support seems bigger, which is beneficial for couples.
The GhostBed, in my opinion, provides average edge support. This is true of most all-foam mattresses, which offer less edge support than hybrid or innerspring types.
Construction and Design for GhostBed Mattress
- Cover - This cover is comfortable and breathable, made of a polyester/viscose combination.
- The comfort layer - is a 1.5-inch strip of aerated latex foam on top of the mattress. It's a bouncy, responsive material that allows for great movement when moving about and changing positions. Latex is inherently cooling, therefore it aids in the dissipation of body heat throughout the structure. While latex is a pretty popular mattress material, I'm interested by GhostBed's aerated variation on it, which aims to increase breathability and cooling. Latex is also a long-lasting substance, which adds to the mattress's longevity.
- Contour Layer - Memory foam will be found beneath the latex layer. To be specific, gel-infused memory foam. This distinction is significant because it indicates that you are not only getting the deep body contouring and pressure relief that memory foam is known for, but you are also getting a wonderful cooling buffer against its overheating tendencies. I particularly enjoy how the memory foam is placed beneath the latex layer, ensuring that you don't sink too far into the bed.
- Finally, the foundation of the bed, which is made up of 7.5 inches of high-density poly foam. This is a very strong part that primarily serves as a support foam for the softer foams above it. Because this layer makes up the majority of the mattress, I expect it to give the bed an overall firm sensation.
GhostBed Mattress Unboxing and Off-Gassing
The GhostBed, like any other bed-in-a-box mattress, will require a 24-48 hour off-gassing and decompression time once you unbox it. I believe the GhostBed emits fewer off-gassing aromas than conventional box mattresses, so if you're concerned about odour, this bed might be an excellent option for you!
|Twin||38” x 75” x 11”||$995|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11”||$1,140|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||$1,350|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||$1,425|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||$1,795|
|California King||72” x 84” x 11”||$1,825|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 11”||$2,280|
GhostBed Mattress Policies and FAQs
Does GhostBed offer a warranty?
Yes, it has 20-year warranty
How does the GhostBed ship?
The GhostBed mattress is a bed-in-a-box mattress (it arrives compacted in a box) that ships for free.
Does GhostBed have a trial period?
Yes, it offers a 101-night sleep trial.
How long does GhostBed shipping take?
GhostBed mattresses usually arrive within 2-5 days.
Do you need a box spring with the GhostBed
You don't need a box spring, although you may use one if you like. Any firm, level surface would suffice, as will a slatted bed frame or adjustable foundation.
|Delivery||Approximately 2-5 business days|
|Trial Period||101 nights|
|Return Policy||Free and easy return process.|
First and foremost, I adore this bed for back sleepers! It has a soft foam top layer for lumbar pain reduction, yet ample of support for neutral spine alignment.
I also believe it may be a good option for people who need to move about and change postures. There's some excellent movement here, which helps keep you from feeling confined in bed.
The bed is also a good bargain. In comparison to similar mattresses on the market. I'd say the GhostBed is reasonably priced.
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress
Exclusive Discounts Available - Get The Best Price Now